[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Tokyo Marui Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Tokyo Marui

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Tokyo Marui

Postby LimaGulf » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:42 pm

Can someone clear this up for me. So i've noticed that alot of tokyo marui snipers are stock with a monumentally low fps. I know people are just gonna upgrade them but seeing a gun with less than 330 fps is a major deterent. Also their range is also very bad most AEGs outrange them stock. What's the point of having a gun stock at 300 fps and about 120 feet of range.

LimaGulf

Re: Tokyo Marui

Postby vulrath » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:17 pm

First of all, a stock TM is a tank. It simply will not break, ever (unless you do something stupid to it).

Second, TM invented the AEG. They were trying to fill the gap in the industry that was created when several of the "classic" gas gun manufacturers went bankrupt and there was a lack of guns available to the Japanese market.

Third, the reason the FPS is so low is because the law in Japan (which is the only market they really care about) states that the muzzle energy of the BBs fired has to be under 1 Joule. They don't make an "export version for the reasons stated above.

Fourth, the TM hop is so legendary that even with their low FPS they can still be serious contenders on the field. They did it first, and they did it right. Everyone else is copying their design.

Last, since you're posting this in the sniper rifle forum, I'm assuming you were looking at the VSR-10 and the L96. Airsoft snipers don't leave their guns stock if they can avoid it since they're always trying to squeeze that little bit of extra range out of their guns. The base gun is just that - a base, a template for upgrades. If you can't afford to drop at least $500-700 on a rifle and upgrades, or intend to leave the gun stock, then I wouldn't bother with sniping.
vulrath

Postby LimaGulf » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:24 pm

LimaGulf

Postby airsoftmech » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:27 pm

BUY MY STUFF!
Guns and accessories.

Parts.
airsoftmech

Postby Dannick » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:23 pm

I agree, TM's are built to last, not to put out outrageous numbers.

And yes, I will admit that upgrading them (with reasonable upgrades), will increase their performance. But I also know that a stock TM, be it sniper, AEG, or Gas gun, will easily outlast any other stock gun.

Also, from my experience, they also have more range, and in most cases, more accuracy than other guns. As said previously, just because they have a low FPS does not mean they lack in any way, firepower or range. People need to realize that FPS is not what makes a gun good or not. And yes, it may play an important factor in range, BUT that is not the only major factor. You must also consider the type of hopup system is incorporated into the gun. With a TM's great stock hopup giving it that great range/accuracy they are known for, the need to have high FPS decreases, which in turn puts less stress on the gun (plus it can, in most cases, improves ROF).

Honestly, the major thing you should look at when choosing a gun is brand. Not extras, fps, or rof. Of course they might help you decide which gun you like better, but the brand really makes the difference how the gun will perform and last in the long run.

(I know I went a bit off topic and a little ranty, but I get that way sometimes. :? )

Peace out.

Systema PTW
VFC HK416
KSC USPc
KSC G19
Dannick

Postby chrisdetrin » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:08 am

just going to put my 2 cents in here too, and an intresting factoid, while my personal owner ship of TMs is limited to my beloved PSG-1, and P90 i have noticed that it has phenominal range for the low fps and still dont know the max effective range of both guns soley because im running .20s threw then and the .25s threw my KWA sr-10 but as i recently discovered after bring the P90 out doors from the mill i found that my range deficency was not due to low fps but rather the fact that the TM hop up is SOOOO GOOD that even when completly turned off it sends bb's flying nearly strait up after 100 feet of flat trajectory, so the inability to things over 100 feet is not do to poor fps or hopup but due to the fact that the hop up is so good even with the low FPS that you have to use heavier bbs. maybe its and isolated insident but i found that as an extreamly interesting factoid, that being said when i make my way to NA this friday im going to try running .23s threw it and .25s also and crono it with both and buy some adiquate bbs for it to consume.

edit it also may just because theres a promy barrle in it too as its only accuracy upgrade but ill get back to you on that too friday after noon or saturday morning.
  ▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Postby apostle87 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:59 pm

i second the tm hop up. my best experiance was black jack( yes i went and loved it, and didnt get a heat stroke). i got a confirmed kill with a tm g3sas at 86 yrds. i was shooting down out of a third story window, but thats a tm gun with the barrel length the same size as my we 1911 shooting at 290 fps. tm's are the stuff
"It is God who arms me with strength
and makes my way perfect."
2nd samuel 22:33
Co-Owner of Tennessee Airsoft Shop
Team Yakuza
CA Mk46
Kwa SR-12
Tm SR-16
Tm 4.3 Hicappa
apostle87

Return to Sniper Rifles