[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Spring, HPA, or AEG? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Spring, HPA, or AEG?

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Re: Spring, HPA, or AEG?

Postby LimaGulf » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:16 pm

LimaGulf

Postby chrisdetrin » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:17 pm

▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Postby Fridge Gnome » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:51 am

Fridge Gnome

Postby xandman » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:16 pm

if it is like the other HPA geraboxes out you looking at 200-300
Friendly neighborhood armorer
Leader of team "yakuza"
忠誠心 , å誉 , å°Šé‡ , 正義 , 勇敢 , 慈悲
Irene VI, Irene VII (squad leader), Northern wind V, Northern wind VI(squad leader)
Remember " Big D" "1978-2009"
xandman

Postby DWRacing39 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:27 pm

The truth is that your most likely not going to make it to 300ft with anything and still keep it within field FPS. If someone tells your their rifle will, Ask to see it done. Righthook rifles get out to 300 ft. And they are NOT shooting at field rules for anywhere that I play or event ive been to.

It sounds great but stop and think. Where do you play that you would even have the need for 300 ft torso shots? Most sniping in our little airsoft world usually happens in the area of 130- 240 feet.

If your wanting the most bang for the buck here is what I suggest. Buy you a KJW M700 NON- Takedown (the takedown version is USELESS) The gun is around 200 bucks new. Go HPA with this rifle, add the VSR-10 style tightbore and hopup that you prefer, put the scope off of your BAR-10 on it and your in business.

My first HPA project was a KJW that I traded from none other than XANDMAN. I put in a firefly hop up, a ported Edgi Custom 6.00 TB out of my vsr 10 (which was wayy too short at g-spec length) And this rifle was great. Good enough that I was able to zero my scope at 150 ft.

With HPA you have basically limitless power. That being said you still have field rules. What I liked about the hpa was that I was always at the upper limit of field fps, no matter where I play. Hpa is of course way more consistent. You wont think that at first because your regulator takes a couple thousand shots at minimum to get broken it. So it takes a very long time.

One huge benefit in my opinion is that with hpa you have a very realistic bolt pull. The reason that is such a benefit in a game is because you can cycle the bolt and never have to come off the target. Most of the time with a spring gun if you have a big spring you almost have to pull the bolt back like you would draw back on a compound bow. With the hpa you can stay on target and take follow up shots much faster. because less face it, how many of us can hit everything we shoot with first shot accuracy everytime? Remember, its still an airsoft gun.

If you go with hpa be prepared to go up on bb weight. My gun checked at 600 with .20 bbs. I actually used Madbull .40s. the heavier the better. Id use .43's if I could but there black and almost impossible to see.

Ive heared that bioval has .40s and that there available in the US now. As soon as I find out where ill post up for everyone.
Operation: Irene VI alum- Task Force Ranger sniper
Operation: Northern Wind V
Santa Vs Grinch 09'

Creator of Op: Jungle Fury
Sniper rifle tech.
M24 Sniper Weapon System. HPA powered.
Barrett M82 SASR
M4 DMR system.
DWRacing39

Postby Dannick » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:02 pm

There are plenty of guns that can reach 300ft and still be within field limits. It just takes time, money, and patience.

And honestly, 300ft isn't as far as people think. There are actually many places where having a gun that can shoot that far is very helpful.

EDIT: I don't know if you meant it this way, but it sounds as if you are using heavier BBs to make your guns FPS field legal. Which if you actually are doing that, it is against the rules at almost every field I've been to or heard of. 600 fps on a .2 is still 600 fps. Just because the BB weight slows it down, doesn't mean it's any less powerful. If anything the BB will have more inertia and be more powerful. Again, that's just how it sounds in the post.

Systema PTW
VFC HK416
KSC USPc
KSC G19
Dannick

Postby Ross » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:17 pm

300 ft. Visual Example.
KWA MP7A1
KWA USP .45

H&K, Not a single compromise since 1949
Ross

Postby Fridge Gnome » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:16 pm

Well since this thread has been revived...

I decided to keep working on my vsr, I can reach out 250 feet(according to Google earth) accuracy isn't great, but I'm still waiting on a p* piston to perfect my compression. And then ill need to adjust the scs on my hop up arm and make some proper barrel spacers and I should be close.
Fridge Gnome

Previous

Return to Sniper Rifles