[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Spring, HPA, or AEG? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Spring, HPA, or AEG?

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Spring, HPA, or AEG?

Postby Fridge Gnome » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:37 am

I am trying to decide which route I want to go for a SPR.

I currently have a partially upgraded and slam firing Bar-10, but I don't like how hard it is for me to pull the bolt back when I am laying down.

I also have a KWA SR10 all stock internally. I cannot upgrade the gearbox, but I can get a new gearbox and upgrade it.

Or I am interested in P*s HPA gearbox.

So my question is, which route based on what I have would be cheapest to upgrade it to make a 300ft shot?

Fridge Gnome

Re: Spring, HPA, or AEG?

Postby goga333 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:48 am

I dont know about cheapest, but your best bet is HPA hands down.
R.I.P Big D.
goga333

Postby xandman » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:23 pm

Dont do a HPA gearbox, if you want something that runs HPA get a good classic and get one with a SCS or LRB and you will out range any AEG or sniper rifle on the field. Personally I cant stand the polar star HPA gearbox (It is a clone of a solenoid system that has been on the market for years and everyone is treating it like the 2nt coming, It wouldnt be that bad if they gave credit where credit is due, but its airsoft.....nobody will be original anymore) if you want somthing for a sniper or DMR, either fix your BAR-10 or drop a 140 in your SR10, and a new piston and run a long tightbore and suppressor

just remember in AEGs HPA dosnt equal killer range, it is just another means of powering your gun. You can adjust input pressures but you can only go so far.
Friendly neighborhood armorer
Leader of team "yakuza"
忠誠心 , 名誉 , 尊重 , 正義 , 勇敢 , 慈悲
Irene VI, Irene VII (squad leader), Northern wind V, Northern wind VI(squad leader)
Remember " Big D" "1978-2009"
xandman

Postby chrisdetrin » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:56 pm

▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Postby Fridge Gnome » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:23 pm

Better than 2gx?
Fridge Gnome

Postby chrisdetrin » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:00 pm

▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Postby xandman » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:24 pm

I cant stand the "2GX" bucking. I have seen alot of Hop problems in the new line of KWAs and alot of the problems have been that bucking. I will do a range test in the next few days but the Marui bucking was more overall consistent. I love KWA but there are a few thing I dont like about there designs(Body tabs, bucking, coil wire in crane stocks, and some of the barrels are inconsistent in diameter)
Leader of team "yakuza"
Irene VI, Irene VII (squad leader), Northern wind V, Northern wind VI(squad leader)
xandman

Postby Fridge Gnome » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:59 am

I see what your saying with the HPA gearbox, but madbulls gearbox was not usable for a SPR setup, and while I would like a classic, it is out of my price range, so I figured for a semi-auto SPR this would be the best bet in the gas category. Of course there is no price yet, so asking for a price on this kind of setup is pointless.
Fridge Gnome

Postby xandman » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:32 pm

Just keep in mind that HPA can only go so far, Just like a classic, you can only push the PSI up so much untill it pops an O-ring or blows a valve. Just because it is HPA dosnt automatically make it a contender for sniping. Gas guns have a few things you need to think about before you decide. (If your HPA gearbox breaks, who are you gonna get to repair it?, you will have to drop around $130 for a good HPA/Co2 rig and you cant use any paintball regulator)
Leader of team "yakuza"
xandman

Postby Fridge Gnome » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:42 pm

Yea, I have thought about those things. The main think I am unsure about is the cost of the HPA gearbox itself. I can manage $130 for a rig, but add on say $200 for the gearbox and then $70 for a tightbore and this becomes a fairly long term project for me.
Fridge Gnome

Postby chrisdetrin » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:00 pm

why not just drop a heavier spring in the KWA gearbox they can take it.
  ▲
▲ ▲
chrisdetrin

Postby LimaGulf » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:55 pm

LimaGulf

Postby chrisdetrin » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:18 pm

▲
▲ ▲
chrisdetrin

Postby Fridge Gnome » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:25 am

I'd like to do that, but I cannot take apart the gearbox(I am capable of it, but I want to make sure I always have a working and reliable gun, and after I put a m120 in my G&G I am hesitant to put a new spring in without reinforcing everything).

I also want to be able to go back to 400fps if I need to.
Fridge Gnome

Postby chrisdetrin » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:36 am

▲
▲ ▲
chrisdetrin

Next

Return to Sniper Rifles