[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - tokyo marui upgrade question Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

tokyo marui upgrade question

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

tokyo marui upgrade question

Postby longshot » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:18 pm

I was wondering what can I do to my g spec without a zero trigger? I just can't see myself spending 219.99 on a trigger with a piston. Like would a new piston a metal spring guide a cylinder damper and a spring work? How hard is it upgrading a gun ?

longshot

Re: tokyo marui upgrade question

Postby xandman » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:07 am

Do not push a stock Marui above a 120 spring. The zero trigger assembly is what allows a higher tension spring without snapping/warping/breaking your trigger sears and trigger mech.
Friendly neighborhood armorer
Leader of team "yakuza"
忠誠心 , å誉 , å°Šé‡ , 正義 , 勇敢 , 慈悲
Irene VI, Irene VII (squad leader), Northern wind V, Northern wind VI(squad leader)
Remember " Big D" "1978-2009"
xandman

Postby longshot » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:33 am

So i wanted to get a 170 spring i would need
zero trigger with piston it comes with
cylinder damper
dampers
metal spring guide
is a teflon cylinder really needed?
So when the gun arrives i could drop a 120 in it and it wouldn't break anything?
longshot

Postby vulrath » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:03 pm

Get new sears. That should add a little longevity to your stock trigger , until you can afford a new trigger box.

The reason why you're spending $219 on a trigger and piston is because of the quality and strength of the materials used, coupled with the cost of shipping the parts from Asia (the resellers are trying to recoup some of that cost).
vulrath

Postby longshot » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:55 pm

Ok i now have the money so a laylax zero trigger with orange piston, laylax damper cylinder head, pdi metal spring guide, 170 or 190p laylax spring which one of them? Do i need those cylinder dampers ?
longshot

Postby vulrath » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:37 pm

Z-Trig - good
Cylinder head - I'd actually go Polarstar on this (I'm doing this myself in a few weeks)
Spring guide - Again, I'd go Polarstar
I'm afraid I know not what these dampers are (unless they're those things you stick to the back end of the cylinder head, in which case they aren't necessary).
170 spring will put you at 500 FPS, if my experience with Laylax L96 springs are any judge, and 190 should put you at 550 FPS. If it were me, I'd just keep one of each handy in the ol' tool box, and label them.

Out of curiosity, what are you doing as far as the barrel goes? If I can find one, I'm going Laylax, stock GSPEC length.
vulrath

Postby longshot » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:56 pm

Well haven't thought about the yet. Who sells polar star parts?Where is the best place to get a zero trigger?
longshot

Postby vulrath » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:12 pm

Evike & ASGI, I know off the top of my head. I know there's more, but I can't remember them. You can always contact bnoji over on ASF - he works for them.

As for the trigger, not sure. Try checking Redwolf and WGCshop.
vulrath

Postby longshot » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:25 pm

Well here it goes... I am going to be purchasing
Laylax zero trigger with high pressure piston
Laylax silent damper cyclinder unless i find a polar star
Laylax 190sp
Laylax spring guide unless i find a polar star.
How does this look?
longshot

Postby vulrath » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:09 pm

Looks fine to me.
vulrath

Postby longshot » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:37 am

I am going to have to get a polar star cylinder head because the laylax one doesn't fit it is made for the teflon cylinder. The polar star spring guide is the same price as the laylax so i will get those both off evike. It will probably be like 75 shipped...
longshot

Postby longshot » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:37 am

I might sell my tm m4a1 for like 275 and really trick this out more.
longshot

Postby vulrath » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:26 pm

Should work just fine. Best of luck to you.
vulrath

Return to Sniper Rifles