[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - AGM MP001 Upgrades/Lefty Sniper Rifles/Questions Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

AGM MP001 Upgrades/Lefty Sniper Rifles/Questions

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

AGM MP001 Upgrades/Lefty Sniper Rifles/Questions

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:19 am

I've been using my G&G M14 as a DMR and love playing the DMR role... I recently got one of the ASGI Holiday Mystery Boxes and got an AGM MP001 Sniper Rifle. I'm debating on rather or not I should keep it and try out the sniper role or sell it and just upgrade my M14. I'm not sure really how well it takes to upgrades or if it can be upgraded at all. I would like to try out sniping but would also like to be able to upgrade my rifle when I decide if I like sniping or not.
What upgrades are compatible with this rifle? Will any VSR-10 Parts fit in it or only a few? How well will it take to the upgrades? Should I just sell it and buy a better base gun (BAR-10, R700, etc)?

On to my next question:
Is there any way to make a VSR-10 Style Gun (Or any type of sniper rifle) lefty friendly? I know that I can just use my left hand and reach over or switch hands and cock the bolt back but that feels weird so that's why I was wondering which sniper rifles work best for a lefty...

Last question:
I hear a lot of snipers talk about having to put in a "Zero Trigger" into their Marui sniper rifles. I know what a Zero Trigger is but what I want to know is, Do you only have to have one for a Marui, The Marui VSR-10 or do you have to put one in to just about any sniper rifle you want to shoot in the 500 FPS range? Is it only for certain styles of guns?

If you could answer my questions then that would be great!

Edit: The more I look at the ASR, The more I don't really care for it. If there is any way to get a M24/M28/BAR 10/R700 shooting with a lefty bolt then by all means, let me know!

Last edited by Fluffy Boy 32 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Re: AGM MP001 Upgrades/Lefty Sniper Rifles/Questions

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:45 pm

I may be selling the AGM soon but the rest of my questions still stand. To replace the questions about the AGM, What would be a good base rifle. I know that most people are gonna say the JG BAR-10 but those are out of stock everywhere...What about the new ECHO 1 M28, Javelin Works M24, SOCOM Gear R700, etc? I'm new to sniping so let me know.
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Ares51 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:30 pm

As far as lefties go there aren't a ton of choices. However, I remember hearing Echo 1 was making/has made a lefty bolt for their ASR, which takes L96 upgrade parts. As far as upgrading xandman, xepher, etc. should be consulted. But, choosing a platform that has a decent amount of upgrade parts is always a smart choice whether it be APS2, VSR10, L96 or whatever. Also, a Marui would always be a great choice for a base.
Ares51

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:40 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby vulrath » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:56 pm

To answer your question about the Z-Trig, if it uses the VSR-style trigger group, it should work just fine. I'm not sure if the MP001 has the same trigger style (I'm not positive, but I think it's kind of the "black sheep" of the VSR family, much like their L96 is that of the L96 family), but I know that confirmed compatible guns can swap trigger groups without issues.

I'd look around on ASF and ASR to see if they're compatible. If anyone can answer those questions, the people on there can.

As for the lefty flip setup, I think someone made one for the L96 for a while back (think it was Laylax), but I can't answer for sure on anyone else. I think you're just better off piecing together a system that works for you. It's what a lot of other people have done in the past.
vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:05 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby vulrath » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:54 am

It is not just the Marui that can make use of it. As long as it uses a VSR style trigger, then you can put a Z-Trig in it. However, that said, I'd highly recommend using one if you're going to do serious upgrades (or anything that doesn't involve leaving the cylinder stock). A Zero Trigger is just a beefed up (AKA steel/aluminum - much stronger than the pot metal used in the stock parts) trigger mechanism made by Laylax. PDI has their own version as well - the V-Trig.

Really, if you have the money, then go for it, but if you don't, replacing the sears with the ones that Polarstar makes would be more than comparable in performance, provided that the actual trigger box itself doesn't crack (still, even if it does, you should be able to get at least a couple thousand shots off before it happens). I'd replace the piston with a Polarstar one as wellwhile you're at it.
vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:07 am

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby trevorst » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:15 am

Honestly Fluffy I would take a properly upgraded M14 any day over a spring sniper. Maybe its just the sniper rifles I have came across but I haven't really seen one that would outrange my TM M14; at least by enough to be justifiable. The spring sniper may be a little more reliable under high fps, I dunno... At this point I have been in my M14 gearbox so much tweeking things that parts arent in long enough to wear out :D . Under Tri-City Airsoft Articles of Confederation I still fall under DMR and my higher rate of fire in my eyes would negate any small distance advantage. Also being a lefty no bolt to rack.

In my eyes airsoft snipers have a long ways to go, its real good for role playing I guess. Your not going to make 300 ft shots or if you do at least with enough velocity for someone to distinguish your BB from an acorn that fell from a tree. The 30' range you have on the opposition will easily be made up while you rack the bolt. Once range is not a factor your dead. Not so with your M14.

I am currently debating on turning one of my now many M4's into a true DMR (already got a good idea which one its gonna be :D ) when that happens I will take the M130 out of my M14 put the guarder SP150 back in it and go back to single shot mm14 sniping (Tm hopup and 500+fps=scary).
Tokyo Marui M14 SOCOM DMR
PolarStar Fusion Custom SR25
Lots more....
Μολὼν λαβέ
....If in doubt pinkie out.
Greater is an army of sheep led by a lion, than an army of lions led by a sheep - Alexander the Great
trevorst

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:15 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby trevorst » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:20 am

Mine is a TM SOCOM with a long silencer I like the way it looks :D

Mine shoots about 480 fps with .20's (I use .30's for games usually or .28's) that is with a 130 spring ( I also have one of the sides of my hopup chamber broken which has to be letting some air escape), it had a 110 spring in it when I got it from Xandman. With the 110 spring it had about the same range as my SR10 and shot at 385fps. I put a 150 spring in it and it shot about 540 fps with .20's it definitely had more range with the 150 spring than the 130 or the 110 but the difference between the 130 and the 150 wasn't enormous. The 150 spring worried me, it just sounded like it was ready to crush the piston. If I was doing it again I would split the difference and put a 140 in it (which I have on the way :D ) and just be done.

When I get the time I will post a pic of my m14 so that you can see what a SOCOM looks like with a long silencer.
Tokyo Marui M14 SOCOM DMR
PolarStar Fusion Custom SR25
Lots more....
Μολὼν λαβέ
....If in doubt pinkie out.
Greater is an army of sheep led by a lion, than an army of lions led by a sheep - Alexander the Great
trevorst

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:36 am

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Fridge Gnome » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:56 pm

I have done a (messy) lefty mod for my bar-10, it required I dremel several pieces, but it wasn't to difficult. I'm sure if you google it you can find some details.
Fridge Gnome

Postby silentfury214 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:57 am

OK, I haven't been on this forum for a long time now, and I am now currently a mod for Airsoft Sniper Forum (the best sniper forum on the net). To answer your question about the Z-trig, the only reason that I would suggest it over the sear sets is because it uses a 90 degree system that dramatically improves performance, reliability, and strength. I cannot remember off the top of my head if it is compatible with the gun you have, but something tells me it isn't. Your question about using the new gun, or upgrading the m14 I will answer by saying go ahead and just upgrade the m14. By going down the bolt action path, you will see the money fly out of your pocket. When I was upgrading my BAR-10, I started out just replacing the barrel and before I knew it, I was out $300 for upgrades and that is only scratching the surface of what I could have done. Also, about your lefty problem, don't worry, I am a lefty too. The only person that I know that has effectively made a left-handed bolt was Father_Livonia and he did it off of an L96. I know it is possible because of how the guns work, but it can get very complicated fast if you are not careful.
To ensure perfect aim, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
silentfury214

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:17 am

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Next

Return to Sniper Rifles