[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Echo1 ASR,,No Pic's...need upgrade advise. Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Echo1 ASR,,No Pic's...need upgrade advise.

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Echo1 ASR,,No Pic's...need upgrade advise.

Postby Cobra Division » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:05 am

Hey guys!...i have an Echo1 ASR...stock i think....the original owner was JT MC-LOVIN....Traded to my buddy RSPD S.T.A.R.S then traded to me....i dont know exactly whats been done to the gun if anything,,,im like a master at AEG internals & stuff but when it comes to Bolt action rifles & green gas pistols i am pure useless!!!!!!!!!.....i know it takes APS2 upgrades but i dont know about tightbore,,,hop-up,,,etc.....any ideas of what to do????

Cobra Division

Re: Echo1 ASR,,No Pic's...need upgrade advise.

Postby vulrath » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:11 am

Preface: I am not going to give links. I am giving you an upgrade plan, which is what you asked for. I trust that you have sufficient "Google-fu" to get on beyond this point. Also note that this will not be cheap.

Get a PDI hop up chamber (or a Laylax one, whichever you prefer - I just like the PDI chamber because of its superior adjustability), then use the AEG barel of your choice (I'd recommend either Prometheus or Edgi).
I recommend doing this all at once:
Next, replace the piston and head. I recommend either a Laylax/First Factory or Polarstar piston. For the head, the ones Guarder makes work just fine (I have a FF Tri-element piston and Guarder head, and with the still-stock cylinder I get 100% (or as close as possible when taking into account the laws of entropy) compression.

Now replace the spring guide. Polarstar makes a good one. This isn't absolutely critical (others will say it is, but I went for several hundred rounds on a stock plastic one, and it still looks virtually brand-new). I have modified my gun to take a Classic Army spring guide that I bought by accident (not completely compatible with the APS2 in the gun's stock form, but take out the spring guide rod and it's good to go).

Replace the spring now. A Laylax 170 spring will get you shooting around 500 FPS with a .20g BB (if I remember correctly; if someone has more accurate info I'm all ears), and a 190 spring will get you in the 550 range.

Now, part of the Achilles's heel of the ASR is that it was based around the Maruzen SR2 (Simple Rifle 2), which (like the name implies) was meant to be as simplistic as possible and wasn't designed to be upgraded (it doesn't even come with a hop up from the factory). As such, the trigger is of a very unique design, which I haven't seen any aftermarket replacements for. If you can get a line on the stock triggers then more power to you, but if not I'd suggest looking into another rifle. You should be able to get several thousand shots before it breaks (and it will break), but I still like to have the option of dropping some cash on a trigger I'm never going to have to worry about again.
vulrath

Postby Cobra Division » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:26 pm

Man this is so helpful! i thank you!.....so the ASR takes regular AEG tightbores?????? i didnt know that but ill do that. i want 2 keep the FPS where it is which is 450 with .25's....but i rly want to upgrade the Piston, Piston head & Spring guide......should i change the Cylander head or is that optional???? is it required????.
Cobra Division

Postby vulrath » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:36 pm

The ASR can, but only after replacing the hop up chamber (like I said, I prefer PDI, but the Laylax one is also good). With the stock chamber, it is technically possible (I saw it done once), but it isn't practical. The chambers are around $60-70 depending on where you get them.

If you replace the stock spring with a Laylax/First Factory sp150 as well, your FPS should stay the same, and your consistency should go up.

Forgot about the cylinder head...I'm not sure if it'll be compatible with the PDI chamber. I know my UTG one was too thick to fit properly, but I don't know about this gun. I'd replace it to be safe. Polarstar or Laylax.
vulrath

Postby Cobra Division » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:16 am

Aight!!! Thank you so much man i rly do thank you!. ill get started on the Chamber & Tightbore after i get my stupid M4 fixed.....my Mechbox broke....right where the Cylander head is lol.
Cobra Division

Return to Sniper Rifles