[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - L96 Metal Trigger Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

L96 Metal Trigger

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

L96 Metal Trigger

Postby Tomcat14 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:47 am

Just wanted to share with you guys something that I recently found. Many of you may already know about this, but for those of you who don't; Well now makes a Metal Trigger Assembly for the L96 Sniper Rifles. It sells for $24.50, which is a lot less than a Zero Trigger. I am in no way saying that the quality is that of a Zero Trigger, but as I have been gradually upgrading my gun, I have been concerned about my plastic trigger box breaking, so trying this new trigger out for 24.50 seemed like a logical choice.
Here is the URL:

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 1 COR 9:24
Tomcat14

Re: L96 Metal Trigger

Postby silentfury214 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:36 pm

Okay,
1. It is made by TSD, so by no means would it stand up to the other trigger systems.
2. Just save your $25 and use it towards a z-trigger.
3. Remember, in airsoft you get what you pay for,
To ensure perfect aim, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
silentfury214

Postby DRAGON64 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:10 pm

I would imagine that the sears are still cheap components, but the metal box has to be better than the plastic box that the L96 rifles are mounted with... might be a good box to build as an upgrade by replacing the sears with nicer quality parts... if they make just the sears as replacements that is.

I had a UTG L96 and I managed to crack the plastic box on that rifle... metal would have been a nice replacement.
DRAGON64

Postby silentfury214 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:19 pm

Yes, and once you add nice 70-80 dollar sears, you are approaching the price of a z-trigger.
silentfury214

Postby DRAGON64 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:53 pm

I know, almost half way to the price of a Zero Trigger... Rediculous is it not?
DRAGON64

Postby DRAGON64 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:08 pm

I just ordered a TSD SD97 (WELL MB05 Rebrand) that comes standard with the metal trigger box, so I should be able to review the box for anyone interested picking one of the trigger boxes up as a minor upgrade.
DRAGON64

Postby silentfury214 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:29 pm

Are you from ASF?
silentfury214

Postby DRAGON64 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:58 pm

One in the same, I post on a number of airsoft forums around the net to include Airsoft retreat, Airsoft Forum, Arnies and the gasgun.info forum. Keeps me busy... I hail from the Alabama Airsoft forum.
DRAGON64

Return to Sniper Rifles