[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Good base gun/Upgrade shopping list? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Good base gun/Upgrade shopping list?

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Good base gun/Upgrade shopping list?

Postby Sploosh » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:11 pm

Aight guys, haven't been on in awhile... but I'm here now :D
Anyways, give me some advice on a spring/bolt action long-range rifle. I've been looking around, but I don't know what's upgradable and what's not. I've got an okay-budget, I just need to know what to get.

Also, if someone could spare me the trouble of finding all the parts on my own, which upgrades should I get and which companies usually make higher-quality parts?

Thanks for the answers.

My armory:
TM G3SG1
My own 2 hands.
(expanding soon :D)
Sploosh

Re: Good base gun/Upgrade shopping list?

Postby vulrath » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:58 pm

What body style do you like? Maruzen's L96 and it's clones (WELL, TSD, and UTG, to name a few) are good, as are anything Marui branded (L96 or VSR-10) or their various clones (WELL, JG if you can find one, etc. for the VSR; as far as I know no one has a TM L96 clone yet).

Laylax (AKA Prometheus or First Factory), PDI, Polarstar, Edgi - pick your poison as to brands. I personally have mostly Laylax parts in my L96 (with the exception of the barrel and hop up chamber, which are CA and PDI, respectively), and my VSR is so far from being finished I don't even know what will be in there - probably Polarstar, mostly.
vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:12 pm

Shouldn't we first tell him that Bolt Action (Spring Based) Sniping is like a boat. You throw money at it and hope it doesn't sink?
Anyways, What happened to that bad ass PSG-1 Xandman sold you? That thing is more than enough for sniping. If you want to get serious about sniping, I would just say to use the PSG-1. As far as the best base to start with (Gas, Spring, Electric), That's debatable.

Correct me if I'm wrong on this though.
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Sploosh » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:36 am

Haha, no fluff, Xand sold me a TM G3SG1, with a PSG stock :mrgreen:

Well I was looking at buying ASGI's 'G700', and just swapping out a couple of the parts. Does that sound sensible?

My armory:
TM G3SG1
My own 2 hands.
(expanding soon :D)
Sploosh

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:14 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Fridge Gnome » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:59 am

I like the VSR-10 base. If you get clone of the VSR(other than the Bar-10) you may run into some compatibility issues. Especially with the E1 M28.

The way the market is now, the choice is M28/Remington model or a L96 model. Which do you like the looks of better?
Fridge Gnome

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:55 am

You could buy a Gas based sniper rifle. Very realistic, depending on what you get they can be cheaper than it would be to upgrade a spring gun, and if you want, you can run an HPA rig. I think that would be your best bet. I have heard good things about the WELL L96. People have done a lot with those and made them beautifully shooting rifles. There are some other guns also but haven't had a lot of experience with them. Been actually looking to pick up the Well to mess around with and just kinda have fun with the realism...
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby vulrath » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:43 pm

Eh, I have just as much invested in my gas rifle as I do either of my two springers. That gas rig is expensive (the Tanaka mag didn't help, either).
vulrath

Postby SCARmaker » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:39 pm

Gi g700! They are excellent outa the box and comparable with almost all brands. They are ore upgraded so you may be happy with it right there. Over all that's what I would go with if you want a good base gun that youse end up saving alot of money on.
SCARmaker

Postby vulrath » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:46 pm

I also trust ASGI guns as far as I can throw them. A buddy had one of their AEGs that we had to send back three times before it finally worked right. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in their high-FPS sniper rifles.
vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:22 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby chrisdetrin » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:50 am

▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:04 am

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Return to Sniper Rifles