[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - The "Stop being lazy and finish my SPR" Thread Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

The "Stop being lazy and finish my SPR" Thread

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

The "Stop being lazy and finish my SPR" Thread

Postby Herz » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:36 am

(Forgive the horrible writing, It's 9:35 and I've not slept in a good day or two :p I'll come back and edit this to look a bit cleaner soon.)

Well, After an ungodly long Hiatus from Airsoft it looks like I've caught the bug again.

Just recently traded off a Paintball gun for a KWA M4 and decided to dig out all my old guns and gear.

There she was... The money pit itself.

09 Classic Army M15A4 (Back when they just got the new gearbox's and did a solid 380 fps out of the box with all the fancy workin doodads like the charging handle) With a swapped front end in favor of SPR Mk12 Mod 0 furniture. A 6.03 Prometheus TB, Firefly bucking, Guarder hop-up and an Ajax STS System.

SPR on the top, New KWA in the center and my old CA CQB Seal on the bottom.

So, With even more searching I started feeling out and finding the rest of the bits.

Guarder infinite torque up kit (SP150... Yaaaay)
Systema Magnum Motor
Infected Airsoft Mosfet
King Arms 8mm Gearbox

My apologies for not snapping any pictures of this process, But no access to a decent camera and me being in a bit of a giddy rush. I forgot :/

So for the past week or so I've been fiddling around slowly preparing the gearbox for this monster, Slowly shimming to perfection and breaking in the gears.
Running the Magnum on an almost dead 8.4v until it was broken in (Along with breaking an old pinion driver trying to remove the Magnums pinion... Yay.)

Then, Thing's slowly neared completion up to the struggle of this morning. Forcing an SP150 into the gearbox after a good greasing of gears and other bits. Wishing I had more hands as I had to struggle to keep the spring guide from flying out and fit the CA M15 trigger spring back inside the gearbox (I swear CA... I wish you designed that slightly differently.)

Alas! The gearbox was complete and together. Ready to go out and test fire after such a long wait.

"Vree-Vruuuuh... Vree-Vruh..." Look's like the battery might need some charging.

-Sometime later-

Vree-Vruuuuh... Vree-Vruh..." Still the same problem... Just half turning the gear's slowly half the time until it fires.

I tore the stock and grip off thinking maybe I had the shimming too tight, Maybe the motor was adjusted too high.

Playing around pulling the trigger from different angles I noticed the motor would only spin half what was needed at certain angles and if I sloooowly sloooowly pulled the trigger it would make its full rotation and fire the spring perfectly.

Then it struck me... I forgot to clean and redo my contacts while the gearbox was torn down.

Welp. Bit of a let down but it looks like I'll be diving back into the gearbox sometime soon to give my contacts a cleaning and see if they need replacing.

Hopefully I'll be updating this thread soon with progress and eventually statistics on how the rifle performs.

Stay tuned!

"It's not the man with the medals, The story and Glory who is the hero. It's the fallen man, The man who died in his place. The hero who's story hath not been spoken."
-Can provide upgrade/repair services. PM for more info.-
Legion Of Ares
Herz

Re: The "Stop being lazy and finish my SPR" Thread

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:58 am

What battery were you using when you tested the gun. With that big if spring, you may need to use a 11.1V or a 10.8V to get the spring to move...
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Herz » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:40 pm

Nah, It's an old Intellect 9.6v 3600. It's doing alright to keep up with the Spring. If I hold the trigger just right I can get a row of shots since I can make the contacts connect. Had the same problem using different motors/batteries with the contacts so I just need to tear it down and give it a once over to see whats going on. Most likely just needed a clean or the contacts bent back I hope.
"It's not the man with the medals, The story and Glory who is the hero. It's the fallen man, The man who died in his place. The hero who's story hath not been spoken."
Legion Of Ares
Herz

Postby Fridge Gnome » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:16 am

That might be it, but I would try a new battery. I had a problem with my G&G firing a few shots and then stopping. It ended up being something with the battery.
Fridge Gnome

Postby Herz » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:04 pm

Nah, Just turned out to be the contact having issues connecting from the trigger. Pulled the trigger contact out, Flipped it around and put a tiny little spacer in the back. No issues at all now and a slightly shorter trigger pull ^_^

Of course... Only real issues being the plastic safety latch on the gearbox broke which I need to fix. Along with the screw for the mag catch deciding to strip itself. So those two bits and the SPR should be done for good.

So far the gun has no problem nailing an owl statue situated in our garden a good bit away from the front of the house with .28's. A few stray flyaways here and there but I figure with a bit more work here and there and she should be right as rain. (not to mention needing to zero my scope in. Tired of aiming high and far to the right.)

I'll give the gun another once over, See if I can square away a seal issue I'm having with the air seal nozzle and see about getting those parts needed.

Unless of course someone has a spare CA or clone mag catch and gearbox safety they'd be willing to let go cheap? :p
Legion Of Ares
Herz

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:53 pm

Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Herz » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:18 am

Aye, sadly I only have .28's handy for right now :( Pending on if I splurge or not on an ambidextrous mag catch I'll prolly order a set of better BB's to run.

Thankfully with the .28's I'm punching through coke can's and accurately hitting a coke can sized target situated in the garden. Should be able to double or get a better grouping once I stop being lazy, Fix my problem's and finally zero my scope in. (Aiming high and to the right is getting veeeery old)
Legion Of Ares
Herz

Postby Herz » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:19 pm

Bit of an update, Guns all back together and firing like a charm.

Only issue now is to find a gearbox safety and shes all set :D

Spent most of today zeroing in the scope and testing her out. Hella windy but still accurate.

Couple of better pics of her

Gonna try and hopefully get a couple of vids up pretty soon of her in action. Hopefully I'll have the barrel and bucking broken in by then :p
Legion Of Ares
Herz

Postby trevorst » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:42 pm

My WA is looking good with those grips :D
Tokyo Marui M14 SOCOM DMR
PolarStar Fusion Custom SR25
Lots more....
Μολὼν λαβέ
....If in doubt pinkie out.
Greater is an army of sheep led by a lion, than an army of lions led by a sheep - Alexander the Great
trevorst

Postby Herz » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:37 am

Legion Of Ares
Herz

Postby Herz » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:30 am

Figured id bump this up. Guns still as strong as ever. Just lacking semi only, wiring my mosfet and some redone wiring.

Should have more info and vids up soon. Still havent fielded this gun either.
Legion Of Ares
Herz

Postby Herz » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:06 am

Safety fixed, infected armory mosfet wired up with xt60s and semi only enabled.

Should have a few pics up soon aslong as a small tutorial on wiring the mosfet and my semi only mod if needed.

Now to just order some r hop patches to replace my firefly bucking >.>
Legion Of Ares
Herz

Postby Herz » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:17 am

Super disappointed in the Infected Armory Mosfet. Replaced it with an Extreme-Fire SW-Panther and couldnt be happier! Retired the IA Mosfet to my MP5.

Now for a scope riser to get a better cheek weld and eye relief then some work on r-hop.
Legion Of Ares
Herz

Postby ShawnB52 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:38 pm

What didn't you like about the AI mosfet? And I assume both the AI and the extreme have active breaking?
Op: Falcon (2008) Bluefore
Op: Junior Varsity (2009) Estonia
Op: Maple Leaf (2009) Canadia
Op: D-Day Invasion (2009) German
Op: D-Day Invasion (2010) USA
Fulda Gap (2012) Warsaw Pact
Op: Hat Trick 3 (2013) Tan
Op: Red Storm East II (2013) American
ShawnB52

Postby Herz » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:20 am

The IA is perfectly fine for a milder build. It had issues with the Magnum motor and torque gears.and just overall slowed down the trigger response.

Now its been shown on most forums IA mosfets are like this, but mine was bought before this was proven. Much much happier with the Panther.

The Ia Will do fine with mildy built AEGs but it seems to suffer with higher end builda.
Legion Of Ares
Herz

Next

Return to Sniper Rifles