[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Sniper project Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Sniper project

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Sniper project

Postby Irishman » Mon May 16, 2011 1:53 pm

I've decided I'm gonna start a project here soon but cant decide what to get...I was thinking of buying an ASR and upgrading it a little bit,new piston,spring,barrel etc.(Dont diss on the ASR when I used a friends it was completely stock and I was nailing people 150ish feet away).Or I was thinking of buying a Cyma m14 (socom or full length) then adding a tightbore,upgraded spring.I don't know how good the stock internals are in the newer models.Will it need new gears,motor,piston,etc. ?

Just tell me your opinions.

''Heart and mind overcome all"
Irishman

Re: Sniper project

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Mon May 16, 2011 7:42 pm

The CYMA would be the better choice. A TM M14 would be a even better choice. A stock one will out range/match any AEG on the field.
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Irishman » Mon May 16, 2011 8:02 pm

TM would be a better choice....if I had 400 dollars to spend right now.but I think I'm leaning toward the ASR since I'm getting an m4 here in a little bit
Irishman

Postby Dannick » Mon May 16, 2011 10:38 pm

Just so you know, 150ft is considered an average range for an AEG, not a BASR. To put it bluntly, they suck. And before people start saying that their ASR is amazing and blahblahblah, compare it to any other major BASR. If you really wanted a BASR, you'd be better off getting some cheap clone VSR-10 (or even a used TM) and upgrading it seeing as they have many, MANY more upgrades available inside and out. The platform is much better and you'd be much more satisfied then you would with that ASR.

Now if you're dead set on those 2 guns, then I'd definitely go with the CYMA, as it is the cheapest and best M14 upgrade platform. As said before, a TM would be better, but if you just plan to upgrade everything in it anyways, the CYMA is a good way to go. All the ones I've seen ran great and I haven't seen much negative feedback about them.

Systema PTW
VFC HK416
KSC USPc
KSC G19
Dannick

Postby Irishman » Tue May 17, 2011 5:17 am

In the m14 I was thinking of just throwing in a guarder full tuneup kit,decent bucking,and maybe a new barrel
Irishman

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue May 17, 2011 9:44 am

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Irishman » Tue May 17, 2011 1:28 pm

Well if thats the case istheir any other company that makes a decent m14 (besides TM) that i won't have to do so much to?I'm not thinking about record breaking distances I just wanna be able to "reach out and touch someone" from 250ish feet away at the most.
Irishman

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue May 17, 2011 1:39 pm

TM or the G&P.
I personally have the G&G and its a breeze to work on (All V.2 & V.3 parts) but paying for magazines makes you want to cry...
It's a great gun though. Just stay away from the CA (Copied the design poorly of the G&G).
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Irishman » Tue May 17, 2011 1:55 pm

Hmm I was thinking more around the $300 dollar area although I know TM is always gonna be the best bet.My friend also told me it would be smarter to just upgrade my current gun with the money instead of buying another gun.
Irishman

Postby chrisdetrin » Wed May 18, 2011 9:08 pm

you can pick up a dam good upgraded TM m14 for 300 Just saying.
  ▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Wed May 18, 2011 9:09 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby apostle87 » Sun May 22, 2011 8:06 pm

"It is God who arms me with strength
and makes my way perfect."