[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - tananka gas sniper rifle Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

tananka gas sniper rifle

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

tananka gas sniper rifle

Postby peyton » Wed May 18, 2011 6:15 pm

My buddy's got a tananka gas sniper rifle and he wants to increase the flow of gas so he wants to mill it he has an idea where to mill it but he isn't sure please any information will be greatly appreciated

Attachments
IMAG0006-1.jpg
The hole in the middle there is approximately where he wants to mill
IMAG0006-1.jpg (226.8 KiB) Viewed 3615 times
peyton

Re: tananka gas sniper rifle

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Wed May 18, 2011 8:33 pm

Would it not be easier to just install a high flow valve in the magazine?
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Caboozer » Thu May 19, 2011 4:56 pm

I have installed the high flow valves on my mags but im building a hpa rig, and drilling and tapping my mags. From what i have read to get the full potential out of the system you should do that.
2010 Systema M4
Custom built DMR
Custom built Spikes Compressor
KWA Kriss DE
KWA M226
KWA SR-12 (For Sale)
KWA M93-R (For Sale)
KWA MP7 (For Sale)
TANAKA M700 A.C.I.S. / M24
TM S-System (in parts)
Caboozer

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu May 19, 2011 5:26 pm

Yes, HPA is the best thing for a Gas rifle if your wanting it's full potential.

I'm not to sure about milling that part. I would first convert it to HPA and see how it shoots. If it doesn't satisfy you, go from there...

As for the downsides to HPA, I'm not sure. I'm more familiar with AEG Sniping (M14)...

I'd wait and see if someone with some experience with HPA see's this thread and posts their 2 cents.
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Caboozer » Thu May 19, 2011 5:41 pm

2010 Systema M4
Custom built DMR
KWA Kriss DE
KWA M226
KWA SR-12 (For Sale)
KWA M93-R (For Sale)
KWA MP7 (For Sale)
TM S-System (in parts)
Caboozer

Postby peyton » Sun May 22, 2011 1:54 pm

sorry about the picture guys
peyton

Postby Dannick » Mon May 23, 2011 12:37 am

Well, I have experience with Tanaka gas sniper systems and external gas airsoft guns, but not the two combined, so I'll see if I can help. First off, I wouldn't do anything to the bolt. From what I've seen, people have had their Tanaka's with an external gas rig shooting up to 800~900 fps. Only thing you'd need is the steel striker, striker spring, and possibly impact plate. All of these are made by G&G and can be purchased fairly cheap from several sites. My personal Tanaka isn't currently set up to run on external gas, but I can still hit 500FPS of a .4g BB with the PCS (Preban) bolt that allows you to adjust FPS ranges. Also, it would take more than just opening up the hole in the bolt. The air nozzle itself would also have to allow more air to go through, as well as the magazine would need to release enough pressure in the first place.

And remember, if you do choose to mess with the bolt and something doesn't work out, you're SOL unless you can find another bolt.

Systema PTW
VFC HK416
KSC USPc
KSC G19
Dannick

Postby MrFox » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:25 pm

MrFox

Postby Dannick » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:37 am

You seem to be missing the o-ring that sits against the magazine where the gas exits. That would probably help a good bit with FPS increase and consistency, as I'd assume you're losing pressure at that point.

EDIT: Also, where is your PCS screw? Did you just take it out or is there a hole there now.

Systema PTW
VFC HK416
KSC USPc
KSC G19
Dannick

Postby Caboozer » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:40 am

I took them both out. I was going to clean and reoil the bolt.
2010 Systema M4
Custom built DMR
KWA Kriss DE
KWA M226
KWA SR-12 (For Sale)
KWA M93-R (For Sale)
KWA MP7 (For Sale)
TM S-System (in parts)
Caboozer

Postby Caboozer » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:55 am

The nozzle keeps coming out of the bolt what do?
2010 Systema M4
Custom built DMR
KWA Kriss DE
KWA M226
KWA SR-12 (For Sale)
KWA M93-R (For Sale)
KWA MP7 (For Sale)
TM S-System (in parts)
Caboozer

Postby Dannick » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:25 pm

Mine only has that nozzle because of the Spartan Hopup conversion installed. They come with a different nozzle to allow it fit with the bucking and barrel.

Systema PTW
VFC HK416
KSC USPc
KSC G19
Dannick

Return to Sniper Rifles