[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - GI G700 Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

GI G700

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

GI G700

Postby fatmanjiggy » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:09 am

Does anyone know if the G700 is a good sniper rifle?

fatmanjiggy

Re: GI G700

Postby Hal9000 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:56 pm

I'm not sure about the asgi sniper guns, but most of the techs on here really seem to frown upon their custom AEGs. I know I've read that Xandman has worked on a lot of DOAs.
Hal9000

Postby Big Jon » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:01 am

When I was researching VSR-10 sear sets I heard bad things about the Airsoft GI sears, which I believe are used in their R700, They just don't hold up long under that kind of tension. Sears are the most common fail on low budget spring snipers. Cheaper metals used in lower end sears are too soft or brittle and end up breaking or rounding off and not catching the piston. So, if you do buy the gun, still expect to drop another $100+ in better sears or $200 or so on a high end trigger system.
Legion of Ares
Big Jon

Postby fatmanjiggy » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:29 pm

I can get some made by TM at the store in Elizabethton for $35.
fatmanjiggy

Postby Dannick » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:26 pm

And even though TM is a great brand, their sears weren't made to withstand high spring tensions that people have in sniper rifles. Hence why even in a TM VSR-10, people put in aftermarket sears.

Systema PTW
VFC HK416
KSC USPc
KSC G19
Dannick

Postby Big Jon » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:01 pm

Yeah, really a Zero trigger is the way to go, but it's costly. You can spend nearly $100 on good sear set, but then its the trigger box itself that becomes the weak link and it will never perform as well as the Zero is supposed to. Sadly, this is why there are so few good spring rifles out there, costs of upgrading enough to give them the range and consistency needed to out perform AEGs is very prohibitive. Even though I basically have a BAR-10 body for free sitting around the upgrades I want would easily run me $400 or more.
Legion of Ares
Big Jon

Postby MrFox » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:30 am

Alot of people tend to think snipers are a cheap system to run...NOT TRUE. Snipers will almost always out price a high end upgraded AEG. To get even a halfway decent rifle you're spending $800 minimum for it. For a highly upgraded one with the best parts it'll be on the line of $1,300ish. I put $1,400 in my TM VSR with all PDI internals.
MrFox

Return to Sniper Rifles