[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Need some suggestions for air soft sniper rifles? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Need some suggestions for air soft sniper rifles?

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Need some suggestions for air soft sniper rifles?

Postby David Charlton » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:16 am

Hello,

I have some air soft guns and I definitely use them, but I recently moved on to more grassy terrains and I need a suggestion for a sniper for a battle ground of about 50-100 feet apart. Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your time & help.
David Charlton

A great war leaves the country with three armies - an army of cripples, an army of mourners, and an army of thieves.
David Charlton

Re: Need some suggestions for air soft sniper rifles?

Postby ND809 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:38 pm

I would suggest a A&K svd dragunov very accurate good fps but u have to get a scope mount for it and a scope
Armory
JG MKG36C
ND809

Postby -EAF- » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:45 pm

Echo 1 ASR is pretty good despite having a plastic body.
Death Before Dishonor.

Strength And Honor

Guns:
Trying to build my collect back up
-EAF-
AirsoftVet

Postby chrisdetrin » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:18 am

CYMA m14 is perfect for you.
  ▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Postby vulrath » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:02 pm

50-100 feet? Just a regular AEG will work the best within that range.

Sniper rifles are more useful for the 150-250 foot ranges, and usually have higher FPS ratings, which means that most fields have rules imposing restrictions on their users (for example, my local field has a 100 foot minimum engagement distance for anyone shooting between 450-550 FPS with a 0.20g BB).
vulrath

Postby Dysfunxn » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:57 pm

I may get some hate on this one, but I've got a UHC Super 9 that I greatly enjoy. (Had around 4 years now) It's a spring, bolt action gun, very quiet, extremely accurate in that range, and shoots around 380 with .23's. (I use .23's for the extra weight/accuracy) The springs can be upgraded to make the gun fire harder, but it's a tougher bolt cycle. Rotary type magazine and it has mock bullets to hold the airsoft BB's. There is a place for a scope mount and a bipod attachment port.
Dysfunxn

Postby chrisdetrin » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:44 pm

▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Postby -EAF- » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:46 pm

Death Before Dishonor.

Strength And Honor

Guns:
-EAF-
AirsoftVet

Postby vulrath » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:10 pm

I went, "lol, .23s for accuracy...I use .36s."
vulrath

Postby Dysfunxn » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:56 am

Considering the guy is looking for something in the 50-100ft range it is more than applicable. And the .36's would greatly drop the guns FPS considering it's a low end spring sniper (the .23's are a little heavier than .15/.2's that alot of low end players use, so they'd be more accurate comparitively). I paid attention to what the original poster mentioned. I could go "OMG gets teh L96 supr scrub!?!!1" but for low end play, the gun seems more like what he'd be looking for. I was prepared for people to have not read what the OP wrote though...
Dysfunxn

Postby chrisdetrin » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:10 am

just cause OP is a noobie doesnt mean you should encourage it you should enlighten him not prolong his lack of experiance by encouraging him to go out and buy another crappy gun you should try to convince him to buy a nice gun that he can enjoy and still feild effectivly assuming he ever wants to step up his game.
  ▲
▲ ▲
chrisdetrin

Postby vulrath » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:32 am

vulrath

Postby Dysfunxn » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:21 am

I understand promoting the further development of someone's mind and gameplay, but if he wants a sniper, it's like for the experience. Hell you can use a machine pistol for that range, but if the guy wants a sniper, that's all I offered. Everyone started with lower end guns to figure out what they liked. I actually still get a kick out of my Super 9 and I've got my upgraded MC51. It's all a matter of taste and the experience you want.
And I'm confused what you mean by using .36's because they're appropriate for the situation, not just some extreme weight BB.
The accuracy comes from the fact that it IS a heavy BB. It holds its trajectory and hop because of the mass behind it. From a physics point of view, I'm not seeing any other reason to use it. Not bein a dick, just a bit confused by that. PM if you would if there's a diff reason. I don't want to completely top his thread.
But I still say for the sake of feel for sniping, he'd be better off buying a lower end gun to make sure it doesnt suck (or maybe if he can borrow one for a few rounds to feel out a higher end) Sniping isn't for everyone, rather than promote him towards gearing out top end stuff, I'd just recommend feeling it out first.
Dysfunxn

Postby -EAF- » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:25 am

Death Before Dishonor.

Strength And Honor

Guns:
-EAF-
AirsoftVet

Postby Dysfunxn » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:29 am

If he got a low end sniper thats EXACTLY the range he's looking for. He clearly said 50-100ft and did not ask for an aeg.
It's like saying "I want a pistol for cqb" and everyone telling me i'm better off with an MP5.
I'm simply catering to what OP asked about and tailored it with a note about it being low end and cheap, but also a good thing to feel it out with.
Dysfunxn

Next

Return to Sniper Rifles