A&K svd dragunov?

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

A&K svd dragunov?

Postby ND809 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:43 pm

I was wandering if I should get this sniper it seems pretty decent but I need a rail system put on it and I was looking for recommendations for one

Armory
JG MKG36C
ND809

Re: A&K svd dragunov?

Postby xghostmakerx » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:41 am

You can get a side mounted rail for these to attach scopes and what not but have never seen anyone with a "rail system" on a SVD before. IMHO that would look retarded.
xghostmakerx

Postby ND809 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:20 am

Anyone in general you recommend?
Armory
JG MKG36C
ND809

Postby MILSIM » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:28 pm

www.centerfiresystems.com they carry a Romanian copy of the PSO-1 (minus a few of the more advanced features) called the LPS 4x6 TIP2. Bought one and it was here in 2 days (from Versailles, KY). Its about $129 but an EXCELLENT scope designed to mount to this rifle and look good too. The other route is to either get the MTK-83 russian mount for optics mounting to the top of the reciever, or....buy the CYMA AK RIS optics rail....and mount a western style scope to it. Note...buying the russian, romanian, bulgarian, chinese or polish optics for this rifle will have an optic mounted slightly to the left of the center line of the rifle. Buying a rail adapter for an AK will mount any optics too far to the right of the center line of the rifle. The russian optics and its clones and variants are designed to compensate for this offset, while mounting a western style scope on a rail adapter will be much tricker to adjust. Best of luck though. the A&K SVD with iron sights alone is extremely accurate and powerful. The V2 is now out with midcaps, lighter and stronger construction and a better sear design. if you want to keep it accurate though, get a set of metric allen keys, remove the front sight, gas tube, front sling mount and the front bracket for the forehand. Slide off the forehand and crank down the allen set screws around the front receiver trunnion. these come loose or arent properly tightened during the manufacturing process and lead to the notorious barrel wobble problem in these rifles. tightening these screws will keep your rifle consistent and much more solid feeling.

spare mags are 11-16 dollars now and much better than the plastic V1 hicap.
You'd be surprised what you can hit when you aim.

GHK all the way.
MILSIM

Postby Gavin » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:40 pm

Don't get one. Please, worst money I ever spent on airsoft, the hop-up is really weird, theyre cumbersome, and the bolt for a gun that isn't semi auto just feels weird. Oh yeah, do NOT get the AMP tactical SVD scope. Rip-off. You'd have farrr more luck with other types of snipers. Also they don't make trigger sear upgrades for them, and the one they include is barely good enough metal for the m150 spring it comes with. overall though, it just feels weird.
Gavin

Return to Sniper Rifles