[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - L96 Help. Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

L96 Help.

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

L96 Help.

Postby War » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:26 pm

I purchased a used L96 rifle Thursday. I was told the FPS would increase from 310-500 FPS if I were to remove the nozzle restrictor. I disassembled the gun...surprise surprise the nozzle restrictor has been removed or was never there. I haven't had it Chrono'd but I know it isn't anywhere near 500 FPS. This isn't much of a problem I plan to upgrade it anyway. Which is my first question, what upgrades will increase the FPS the most, as well as accuracy and range? Also, the rifle has no brand name on it that I could find. Is there some special way to tell? Cause without that I believe the upgrades will be very trial and error. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

War

Like us on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Horsemen- ... 6699035816
Check out our websites. Stay tuned for updates.
http://horsemenairsoft.webs.com/
War

Re: L96 Help.

Postby echo214 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:31 am

i know alot of websites will say removing it will make it shoot 500fps. with .12s. i beleive that would put it around 400fps with .2s, right?

personnally i would try to get one of those "upgrade kits" for it, and a 6.01 TBB. possibbly a new bucking. also, could you tell me what type of bolt it has? is the back of it round, or square? is the bolt handle round, or flat?
echo214

Postby War » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:24 am

The bolt is round. It still doesn't really look much like its around 400 FPS.
Like us on Facebook
War

Postby echo214 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:29 am

if the bolt is round, then its either WELL or UTG. probably WELL from what you are saying.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=6318

that should work. i would contact them first to make sure though.
echo214

Postby vulrath » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:56 pm

Um...Unless it's based on a TM VSR or is a Tanaka gas rifle, then chances are it doesn't have a restrictor, and if it is a TM design (more likely), then it's actually an airbrake designed to quiet the sound of the piston head hitting the cylinder head by creating a buffer of air created by restricting the only exit hole - the cylinder head.

If it's AGM, then it's kind of the "black sheep" of the L96 world because it's got some Maruzen-compatible parts, some TM VSR-compatible parts, and some proprietary parts you can't find anywhere else. If it's Maruzen or WELL, then it's compatible with Maruzen parts. I'm not sure of any brand off the top of my head that uses a straight VSR system for an L96. Can you provide a photo of the trigger box? I should be able to tell you from that.

Sniper rifles are also absolutely never field-ready out of the box (with the possible exception of Right Hook rifles, but that's another story altogether), so if you're going to stick with the position then get ready to shell out some serious cash over time.

Sorry, probably not what you wanted to hear.
vulrath

Postby War » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:28 pm

Hey man not what I wanted to hear, but what I expected. I had planned to put some upgrades and stuff onto this rifle. I bought it for $50 bucks so I'm fine with the majority of the money going on upgrades. I'll post a pic later. What is it your wanting a pic of? Thanks.

War
Like us on Facebook
War

Postby vulrath » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:54 pm

The trigger box. I should be able to tell what it's compatible with from that.
vulrath

Postby echo214 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:32 pm

im telling you right now. the AGM l96 has a "butterknife" handle that is flat, and the back of the bolt is round. the WELL and UTG l96s have round bolt handles, and the back of the bolt is a block.
echo214

Postby vulrath » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:52 pm

Either way, photos will determine 100%, once-and-for-all what system the gun's internals were modeled after. Besides, I have extensive experience in both VSR and Type 96 sniper systems (as well as KJW/Tanaka gas rifles), and let me tell you, the triggers are quite unique to their respective systems, and are an easily accessible, and nearly infallible (with the exception of something completely custom that someone whipped up in their basement) method of telling one type of internals from the other.
vulrath

Return to Sniper Rifles