[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - DMR Project Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

DMR Project

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

DMR Project

Postby War » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:28 am

Ok, I've been looking everywhere for a DMR base. I've had zero luck managing a trade, I was beginning to get frustrated, whenever I realized. Hey, I have a perfectly good CA M4 right here. My first question is, has anyone here ever made a DMR out of a M4? If so what was your upgrades? So far my M4 already has a tight bore barrel, so what would you do next? I was also wondering if I were to put a 130 spring in it would the motor handle it? Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but seemed the most likely place. Just throwing the idea out there. Still not certain on doing it. Just want to see what everyone thinks and get a few ideas. Thanks.

War

Like us on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Horsemen- ... 6699035816
Check out our websites. Stay tuned for updates.
http://horsemenairsoft.webs.com/
War

Re: DMR Project

Postby Smartkid312 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:05 pm

Ok first u have two choices first, what many people reccomend, drop this project now or get ready to spend some money. First yes people have built a dmr from a m4. First you can get a longer barrel or a really long silencer and a dmr length rail or moe and a good scope(nothing overkill probably a good 3-9x40). Now first you're gonna need a pdi barrel, next the best, hopup a prom one piece metal hopup or a marui(if u can find one) and a marui or prom purple bucking. Then u will need a big spring 140-150, good shell(modify or kwa), shs blue piston, shs normal torque gears, prom or guarder air seal parts, burst wizard king kong wire in mosfet with low res wiring and a 20-25c lipo. Buy in that order or a similar one but be prepared for fine tuning and lots of money.
Jg g3 foregrip on the side and some sparying and praying. Now an m4 shooting 30 rps and maybe even more. Go team cold blooded rangers! When I'm playing on black team you can call me Tapout(thanks to gunny aw gunny). HOOAH!
Smartkid312

Postby War » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:37 am

Sounds about like I was expecting. I'm still interested in trying to build a DMR out of my M4. But just outta curiosity what is a easier and less expensive base model to start with for someone new with airsoft internals? Thanks.

War
Like us on Facebook
War

Postby Custard » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:03 am

Honestly, you could buy any full length M16 (or the length you require) and have that as your base gun. But internally... that is where the magic happens.

King Arms Shell w/ 8 or 9mm bearings
Guarder SP140 (or whatever spring you choose for your fps)
6.03 TBB (yes, i said 6.03)
Full cylinder
Ball bearing spring guide
Bravo Red Piston
Prommy Cylinder Head/nozzle
TM Hopup with prommy bucking
SCS Nub
G&P m170 motor
King Arms Standard Ratio Gears
Guarder AR Latch
Tappet Plate
A PERFECT shim job
re-grease
PERFECT Aoe correction
SORBO SORBO SORBO on your piston (<-- this is vital)
Preferably a very good mosfet (AWS Airsoft has great ones)

For the items that i did not specify a brand name, it honestly doesn't matter what brand you use, just never use JG lol.
Custard

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:23 am

You could however just buy a KWA drop in gearbox and have someone at the shop/store you buy it from upgrade the spring to your liking.
Just make sure you switch the Air Nozzle out because you can only use KWA Hop Ups with the KWA Nozzle...

This way, you never touch the internals and are much more likely to not mess anything up (seeing how you're new to doing tech work) and you will still come out with great internals.
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby trevorst » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:26 am

M4 doesn't make a bad DMR, lots of available, compatible parts. In the past the biggest downside I seen in the m4 platform as a DMR was an inefficient hop up, several breakthroughs have put that to rest... My newest project DMR is an SR25 which uses that same hop up (although I expect 350' range :shock: )

All of the above suggestions are good (sorbo on the cylinder head though not the piston :D )
Modify Torus or Lonex gearbox
Shs/amp/matrix neomagnet high torque motor
Shs gears for budget build siegetek if you do anything else.
Shs piston
Modify piston head or g&p explosive head (no metal piston head...)
Sorbo on the cylinder head
Shim it perfectly
Correct the aoe

Then start working on accuracy and range.
Tokyo Marui M14 SOCOM DMR
PolarStar Fusion Custom SR25
Lots more....
Μολὼν λαβέ
....If in doubt pinkie out.
Greater is an army of sheep led by a lion, than an army of lions led by a sheep - Alexander the Great
trevorst

Postby echo214 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:27 pm

all you really have to do is buy a JG M16 basic version for $130, and drop your parts in it. or buy a m16 length upper receiver and barrel, and put it on your m4.
echo214

Postby War » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:17 pm

Like us on Facebook
War

Postby Custard » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:28 pm

Easy steps:

1. take out your existing body pins
2. take off your current upper
3. put new upper on
4. replace body pins
5. done
Custard

Postby War » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:10 pm

Thanks. I've been having trouble finding a CA M16 upper receiver. Does anyone have a link or a site for CA parts? Thanks guys.

War
Like us on Facebook
War

Return to Sniper Rifles