[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Javelin M24 Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Javelin M24

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Javelin M24

Postby garrett1706 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:17 am

I just received my Javelin Gun Works M24, and I like the way it shoots thus far, but I would like to upgrade it. I've read about some things, but I still have questions. I understand that the gun is APS2 compatible, but I'm a complete noob to airsoft, and snipers in general.

Such as, I want to to a barrel extension on my gun, but I need an adapter correct? Where do I screw this in to? I removed the orange tip, and it doesn't look like anything will fit there unless it unscrews from the inner barrel or something.
Edit: So if I'm right, that would be called the muzzle cap, which in fact does unscrew. Could it be possible that it's just glued on by some sort?

Inner barrel should be 6.01mm in diameter, but length should I look for? I'm thinking around 480ishmm in length?

Since all the sears are metal, would I be safe in upgrading the piston, spring, and spring guide without worrying about those cracking or should I replace the sears first?

I've taken it apart and looked around and put it back together, so that much I am comfortable with. I also have a diagram to help me out along the way if I get lost. Just having trouble picking out parts to put into it. Thanks in advance!

garrett1706

Re: Javelin M24

Postby vulrath » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:15 pm

Got cash? It's APS2 compatible, so it isn't exactly cheap to upgrade, unfortunately (not that any other type of gun isn't going to cost an arm and a leg). (Well, it can be cheap to upgrade, it's just expensive to do the job right and reliably.)

I'm not sure how the outer barrel works on the Javelin, but try an APS2 silencer adapter. There should be a plug that unscrews from the front of the outer barrel. Try heating it up if it's glued in, as that will loosen the glue.

I'd only go 6.03mm unless you plan on doing it right, and getting a seriously high quality barrel (like, EDGI, Laylax, or PDI) and using nothing but the BEST BBs (I'm talking Biovals or their equivalent here). I think the stock length for a L96 is somewhere around 498mm. I've got a 510mm sitting in mine right now.

Piston, head, and cylinder head need to be replaced. Spring guide, cylinder should be fine for a while (I haven't broken the cylinder yet on my L96, even after 2 years of being upgraded to 550 FPS, and it's a stock UTG one). Cylinder head needs to be replaced to ensure compatibility with the PDI hop, which brings me to the hop up. Replace it with the PDI hop ASAP. This will give you compatibility with some AEG barrels, and allow you to use AEG hop buckings.

I wouldn't worry about sears going out - the plastic trigger box will go out long before they will.

It's not much to go on, but a nonspecific upgrade plan is better than nothing.
vulrath

Postby garrett1706 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:29 pm

garrett1706

Postby floranicolas » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:35 am

The Javelin M24 is a relatively lightweight sniper platform that effectively replicates the US Army's current sniper rifle. The real gun is based on the M700 firing system, but with a tactical stock and other accurizing modifications. The stock is the most recognizable portion of the entire gun, as it has a wide, textured foregrip as well as an adjustable butt pad to customize the gun for a wide range of shooters. It is upgradeable using standard APS parts, meaning you can take this thing to pretty high levels of performance. It appears that the OEM manufacturer of this gun is Snow Wolf, maker of the affordable Barrett M99 and M82 replicas.
floranicolas

Return to Sniper Rifles