[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - m700 Barrel upgrades Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

m700 Barrel upgrades

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

m700 Barrel upgrades

Postby trevorst » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:22 pm

Still finishing off my KJW M700, have it tapped for HPA, have my rig. Now just needing a barrel, I went with a Madbull 650mm AEG barrel and cut the rib out of the bucking (fps dropped to like 330... and thats with teflon tape to seal).

Question is what would be the better option and not spend a huge fortune, I can get a DBC (yes dee's went under but apparently Dwayne is working for precision airsoft and selling them there...) or an EDGI, both barrels are around $110. Other option would be to cut the exterior barrel and stick a VSR barrel. Any opinions on the Mesamune or the AirsoftGI barrels? Any other options?

Tokyo Marui M14 SOCOM DMR
PolarStar Fusion Custom SR25
Lots more....
Μολὼν λαβέ
....If in doubt pinkie out.
Greater is an army of sheep led by a lion, than an army of lions led by a sheep - Alexander the Great
trevorst

Re: m700 Barrel upgrades

Postby vulrath » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:08 pm

Well, I cut the groove into the Madbull barrel currently in both of my M700s using a Dremel. If I were to do it all over again (and I probably will, since my barrels are all probably warped by now), I'd either find a metal shop or someone with a metal lathe in their garage (or something like that) and cut the groove that way. Much cleaner and straighter cut, and a lot less chance of screwing up.

I'll get an EDGI eventually, since I've heard so much great stuff about their barrels.
vulrath

Re: m700 Barrel upgrades

Postby trevorst » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:38 pm

I am pretty sure if I tried to cut my madbull I would screw up the cut... Another new option on the M700 is the Falcon barrel, going to try to dig up some information on them (honestly though price is getting close to EdGI so somewhat moot point.)
Tokyo Marui M14 SOCOM DMR
PolarStar Fusion Custom SR25
Lots more....
Μολὼν λαβέ
....If in doubt pinkie out.
Greater is an army of sheep led by a lion, than an army of lions led by a sheep - Alexander the Great
trevorst

Return to Sniper Rifles