[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - bravo mk98 Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

bravo mk98

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

bravo mk98

Postby krazikev » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:29 pm

lookin into buying this gun, nice price for a 470 fps bolt action. but i am confused about the name, airrattles ad shows it is a echo 1 and when i goggled it there was a website that had it listed as a well bravo mk98?? who really makes it and how good of a gun is it, it looks like i can upgrade the hell out of it since it is a type96. anyone have this and how do you like it? thanks for the help

krazikev

Re: bravo mk98

Postby vulrath » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:04 pm

I don't have that particular one, but I have a UTG, which was in all likelihood built on the same assembly lines in the same factory as that one (WELL OEMs for UTG, TSD, and a large number of other companies that have cropped up over the last couple of years - if it's APS2 compatible, is an L96, and isn't Maruzen, then chances are good it was OEM'd by WELL).

*knuckle crack*
Alright, I hope you have some money, because to turn this thing into an actual sniper rifle, you'll need it. The stock hop up and barrel are junk, and the air compression in the cylinder is almost nonexistent.

In mine I have:
- PDI hop up (royal pain to set, but by far one of the most adjustable hop up chambers out there; it also doesn't lose its settings if you make a custom metal nub like I did)
- 550mm 6.04mm ID Classic Army AEG barrel (PDI works best, but I didn't have pockets that deep when I built the gun, and I don't want to have to reset the hop up again now)
- Guarder black AEG hop up bucking (also acceptable would be a Systema bucking, or stock TM)
- stock cylinder
- Maruzen stock cylinder head (got this off a friend who'd recently sold his Maruzen T96)
- Laylax Tri-Element piston w/Guarder piston head
- stock trigger box (well, pseudo-stock - it's half Maruzen and half UTG)
- Maruzen upper receiver (came from the same guy that gave me the cylinder head) w/silencer adapter and mock silencer to cover the extra barrel length
- Unknown brand 550FPS spring (probably Laylax)
- Classic Army M24 spring guide (to do this I had to remove the bolt handle and remove the guide rod that goes through the spring guide; in a pinch the stock spring guide is surprisingly durable and can take more damage than you can dish out to it in a day of play)
- filled the stock with urethane foam to muffle sound. You wouldn't thjnk so, but it sounds much quieter than if I were to take my upper out and place it in a stock that wasn't foam-filled now.

Accuracy is scary. I don't know the specifics, but I can tell you that my gun generally hits where I aim it. I know I could get a little more range if I were to tweak the hop up some more, but underhop is better than overhop.

I still need to get a Laylax Z-Trigger for it - then the gun will be complete. The one I have in there is starting to crack. So far no malfunctions, though.

Also, and I can't stress this enough, The shot-to-shot consistency and accuracy are where your primary concerns should be. Set a reasonable goal (550 is my field's limit, and i was given a spring that hits 550 on the dot, so that's what I use), then work on making your gun as reliable and accurate as possible using any combination of parts, DIY mods, and tweaking as you can. There are other forums with more information in them (like the sniper forum at ASF - it's always active), so don't be afraid to look around.

My gun:
Stock

How it is now:
vulrath

Return to Sniper Rifles