[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Sniper advice Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Sniper advice

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Sniper advice

Postby Drakester » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:16 pm

Okay, i have my MP5 and stuff... all good, though i haven't been active for a while. For those that don't know i usually play at Dead End. Anyway, I am looking into a sniper. i have looked into a few options, in the bolt action (springer) section. http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=7963 and a scope is one option... The other is a Echo 1 A.S.R. with the upgrade kit, Tight bore, Barrel Spacers and a scope.

I had a person tell me though, Go with an AEG and turn it into a DMR, but make it where i could turn it back to Full auto if needed. I don't even know where to start looking for a base for a DMR, though, or upgrades. What do you all think, DMR or One of the bolt actions, and if a bolt action, which one do you all recommend? Personally, i like the "G98" but I've wanted an A.S.R. since i first heard about them.

Also if DMR, what base and upgrades do you guys recommend?

Echo 1 MP5
KWA M9 PTP

Vet. of OP Maple Leaf: Canada side
Drakester

Re: Sniper advice

Postby Marinelp1 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:25 pm

For a dmr you could go with a kwa sr-12 and drop in a motor with more torque and put an m140 or m150 spring. That should last you a while. If you want it to last longer get some high torque gears, (shs, riotsc, systema are all nice), a stronger piston (i reccommend the system super core) and a bore up cylinder set. (i had the systema bore up and it was nice good air seal). I used to have the G98 but i found the sear set that airsoft gi put in it to be weak.
DSG Magpul G&P Moe Carbine
G&P Viper
KWA SR12
Classic Army Custom M4
KWA MK II M1911
Marinelp1

Postby ReaperM14 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:13 pm

I like the whole M14 set-up for a DMR, but unless you can afford Marui or G&P, don't try it. (Although, I have seen some nice G&Gs.)

I'm currently using a KWA M4 as a DMR. Anything within 80-90 yards is dead. (It is very heavily upgraded though, and it wasn't cheap.)

Now, I like the ASR setup. I have a friend with one, and lemme tell you, its a freakin' BEAST. Dead accurate with the cheap upgrade kit, and its so stinkin' quiet. He dropped a tightbore in the thing and a cheap venom tech suppressor on it. Modified a standard M4 buffer tube to fit it so he could fit a Magpul stock on it, and now he has one of the most fun rifles I've ever shot.
Team Yakuza
OP: SoCo, Squad 2-2 (2012)
OP: Fulda Gap, Warsaw 120th (2012)

KWA M16 BR
KWA MP7A1
KWA USP Compact
Tokyo Marui MP5k
Tokyo Marui Mk23 SOCOM
Tokyo Marui M3 Super 90
ReaperM14

Postby NOWWHATSUCCER? » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:11 pm

If you want a bolt get a UTG Shadow Ops. Every thing else you should get a M14 or a KWA SR-12.
NOWWHATSUCCER?

Postby Smartkid312 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:42 pm

Go aeg. For starters you might want to go cheap or expensive so I'll make two lists. Cheap one first SHS high torque, SHS 18:1, SHS 15 tooth piston, perfect compression acheived in some way but I will reccomend guarder for both, DE MOSFET, all necessary mods such as aoe grease radius gearbox corners and shimming bevel to pinion, a big lipo, R-Hop with M-Nub, Madbull 6.03 at around 455 mm, M150-M160 spring, SHS bushings and all hop up mods. For expensive same piston, compression, MOSFET, spring, mods but Modify shell with bushings riot sc 14:1 gears terminusx omega torque motor and prom barrel with R-Hop.
Jg g3 foregrip on the side and some sparying and praying. Now an m4 shooting 30 rps and maybe even more. Go team cold blooded rangers! When I'm playing on black team you can call me Tapout(thanks to gunny aw gunny). HOOAH!
Smartkid312

Postby Jhirbirt » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:21 am

Choose your rifle position. This often changes from person to person and changes a good deal depending on the situation. But the most common rifle position is the butt of the stock in the pocket of your shoulder (just above your armpit), your cheek lightly against the stock, looking down the sights or scope in the most relaxed position possible. For larger caliber rifles with more kick, the rifle should be brought in some so the butt is resting partially on the pectoral muscle.
Jhirbirt

Return to Sniper Rifles