[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - please help!!! Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

please help!!!

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

please help!!!

Postby russellvilleairsoft » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:56 pm

i have a kjw m700, and recently took it apart to see how hard it would be to up-grade. i put it back together and it will only fire 7 shots and out of gas. it should be able to fire alot more. i have figured out that it is probably in the triger assembly or magazine. i need help on figuring out on what to repair. or do i need to get a new gun. if so my price range is no more than $300, what type of sniper should i get. i have been looking at a A&K svd package on hitguns, or even gettin a gbb m16a1 and converting it to a sniper

russellvilleairsoft

Re: please help!!!

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:11 pm

It's more than likely your magazine. You may have lost the oring that goes around the fill valve for the magazine which is probably causing it too not shoot as many shots.

What happens after the 7th shot? Does it just expel gas or what? Try filling the magazine all the way.

I wouldn't recommend the A&K SVD mainly because spring sniping gets expensive FAST!

The GBBR M16 wouldn't be a bad idea but the M700 is your best bet for gas sniping...

Vulrath (a guy on this forum) has plenty of experience with the M700 so he could answer these questions a lot better than I can. I have expenince with Gas/GBB/GBBR's in general but not the M700
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby russellvilleairsoft » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:25 pm

thanks. :) it runs out of gas ofter the 7th shot. it is really noticalbe after the 5th.
russellvilleairsoft

Postby vulrath » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:10 pm

Have you done any upgrades (new striker spring. nozzle, etc.)? A heavier striker spring like the G&G or Polarstar springs would cause more gas usage, but I've never seen that use quite that much gas. It's also possible that if you replaced the air nozzle you either damaged it or it's seated wrong (actually fairly easy to do; I had a King Arms nozzle on my gun for all of a half hour before I damaged it while trying to make sure it was seated correctly).

Check your magazine, too: fill a sink with water, then gas up your mag. Dunk your mag in the water, and see where bubbles are coming out. You may need to disassemble it and apply silicone oil to the o-rings. Also make sure the

Also check the bolt - make sure the gas route packing in the hole that mates up with the gas route in the mag (the brass thing on the mag that goes up and down on top) is in place and isn't damaged. Try loosening the tension on the striker spring, but when you do this, make sure you loosen the grub screw at the back first (see photo; thanks go to Brainplay of ASF for the photo). Otherwise you'll strip the screw that goes through the middle of the spring.

I'm going to tell you now: The Tanaka-based M700 trigger system is a bitch and a half to get back in once you've taken it out. If you suspect your trigger to be a possible culprit, then I would first exhaust all other options.

EDIT: I did some reading, and it looks like the gas route bucking is your most likely candidate. G&G makes a set of replacement rubbers for the Tanaka; use just the gas route bucking and ditch the rest (the other two components are replacements for parts in the stock Tanaka hop up chamber). It'll cost you $10-15 + shipping.
vulrath

Postby russellvilleairsoft » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:10 pm

thanks. but could havine the inner berral turnde any cirtan way cause this.
Last edited by russellvilleairsoft on Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
russellvilleairsoft

Postby vulrath » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:26 pm

The gas leakage from the barrel would have an effect (minimal though it would be), so yes, it could have been a contributing factor, but I don't believe this to be the only problem.

I'd like you to read up on . His problem was very similar.
vulrath

Postby russellvilleairsoft » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:51 pm

thanks for your help, i have taken the bolt apart and loosened the spring to see if that was it. now the screws will not go back in, and it will not strike the mag to eject the gas.thanks again, im just going to give up and buy a gbb m16 and put a nice scope on it. thanks again for your help.
russellvilleairsoft

Postby vulrath » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:22 pm

Take photos. It sounds like you either took the spring assembly completely apart, or you simply loosened it too much, and you just need to tighten it back up a little bit (tighten it a half turn at a time until you get it at the desired settings).

To get the two halves of the bolt back together, brace the back of the bolt against a table, and put the two screws back in while applying pressure against the other end. It's simple once you learn how to do it.
vulrath

Postby ReaperM14 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:43 pm

For future reference, the A&K SVD is actually very easy to upgrade. They take AEG springs and barrels. I have a friend rocking a 560ish FPS Dragunov and the most expensive part was the barrel. Only bad part is that when that spring gets heavier, the bugger is RIDICULOUS to cock back. Buy the little cocking handle upgrade from Evike and make it easier on your hands, cause after about 10 shots, it starts hurting pretty bad.

Then again, he has a 300% spring in the thing...

So all in all, its not a bad idea, and its not too pricey.

Also, it SCREAMS to have a 600mm tightbore in it. Fits perfectly...
Team Yakuza
OP: SoCo, Squad 2-2 (2012)
OP: Fulda Gap, Warsaw 120th (2012)

KWA M16 BR
KWA MP7A1
KWA USP Compact
Tokyo Marui MP5k
Tokyo Marui Mk23 SOCOM
Tokyo Marui M3 Super 90
ReaperM14

Postby russellvilleairsoft » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:35 am

thanks. ill try alittle mre on the gun tnight, hpefully i can get it back up and running.
russellvilleairsoft

Postby russellvilleairsoft » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:30 pm

thanks again all, im just going to give up on it, it seems if i get one thing fixed something els breaks. ill just leave it at that, thanks again to everyone who helped.
russellvilleairsoft

Return to Sniper Rifles