[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - gbb sniper Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

gbb sniper

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

gbb sniper

Postby russellvilleairsoft » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:40 am

im looking to buy a good gbb sniper, i kad a kjw m700 and loved the gas. the bolt wasnt hard to pull back and was very realilistic. but it didnt have the rate of fiire i was looking for. im looking for any thing around $250 to $300. i was thinking about comberting a WE gbb m16 into a sniper, but that is a little pricy. i am just wondering if any one can gulde me in the right direction to a good gbb sniper. thanks.

russellvilleairsoft

Re: gbb sniper

Postby vulrath » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:32 am

Unfortunately, I think most of the people on this forum who know GBBRs know the WA system better than the WE system. I mean, I've worked on my SCAR, but I can't tell you up from down when it comes to their M4s. I'd suggest doing some research over at gasguns.info before buying anything. That's where the real gas gun gurus hang out.

However, you could up the budget by about $50 and get a G&P challenge kit, plus the mag (that's around $250-260), then spend the rest of the budget on a new hammer, disconnect and possibly the bolt carrier if there's enough left (G&P bolts are the best, but their carriers are garbage pot metal). The hop is insane, and the accuracy and range is actually pretty great on mine with 0.36g BBs.
vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:36 am

I know a little about each brand as well as I know a few people that have worked on each brand have gotten their input on different things so I pretty much know what to stay away from.

King Arms-The are VERY bad guns. From what I've heard, their parts are of low quality and the system isn't thought out very well. When they first announced it, I was pretty interested to see the design being that it was "ATF Approved". I've heard nothing but people getting lemons, parts breaking easily, etc. I would just stay away until they update the line and even then I would still wait to get information on the update.

AGM, JG, Clones, Etc- I would just skip, for their price tag, you can go and pick up a G&P Challenge Kit for a little more know your gun inside and out as well as have a good platform to upgrade. The AGM had a good WA clone design but you pretty much had to gut the internals to make it usable so you may as well just go the custom route and build it from the ground up for a little extra.

WE- I have heard good things about WE and bad things. Personally, I rather have a WA system to upgrade upon but some people will SWEAR on the WE system. The only WE GBBR's I've see run like champs are their G39 line, everything else I've seen just breaks but there are those people that have some how had their closed blot running for YEARS and like I said, will swear by it. I'm really not a big WE fan, the quality on some of their parts just isn't where it need to be but if you want to do a little upgrading out of the box, then it wouldn't be too bad but you would be loosing money once you start upgrading. Also, If you just love the smell of propane leaking out of your mags all the time, WE is definitely a winner. Those mags leak ALL THE TIME (Thought I know some people that buy nothing but WE's and NEVER have a problem. I think they are gods or something)!

VFC- I don't know many people that run these but I believe they are based off the WA platform but knowing VFC, they probably improved upon the design as always and may have some parts that are VFC specific. I've never heard any complaints about the VFC GBBR's so I would assume they are pretty good. Again, not much information so I can't judge...

G&P WOC-X-These are really good guns on the cheap. I've seen people run these stock for quite some time and never had to do any internal work. The good thing is that if and when something does break, you can easily replace it because of the many aftermarket WA parts on the market. G&P also has some really good externals so they aren't lacking in that department at all. The magazines are meh. They don't leak or anything but just about every runs the G&P PTS Pmags or Beat Project Pmags and just uses the G&P one as a back up.

G&P Challenge Kit-I'm listing this by itself because these are actuall a different build quality. The WOC-X uses Aluminum parts and the challenge kit is a hardened Aluminum. Pretty much it's in the middle of the WOC-X and the standard WOC (Which I still recommend swapping to steel internals when something breaks down). The main reason I like the challenge kit is because you get to learn how to put the gun together so if something ever breaks or something is acting weird, you can pretty much diagnose the problem yourself. This way, if you ever want to put in new internals or want to upgrade your nozzle, etc you won't be clueless and will know what to do. Also, You can get these for pretty cheap. I got my whole kit for $175 from Evike with a 20% coupon (they are almost always running a big coupon code like this). Still haven't picked up any magazines for it because I'm broke but I really enjoyed putting it together and could probably put another one together with ease now that I know how to assemble it.

G&P WOC-It's a WA with all steel internals and metal externals. The WA design is very good and like I said, TONS of aftermarket parts so possibilities are endless and with G&P making metal versions of the WA, you can't beat it. WOC stands for "Western Arms Official Custom" so it literally is a WA with metal parts. If you have the money, I would recommend getting one.

Inokatsu-These are 1/1 scale of the real thing and can pretty much take just about all real steel parts (Not sure on the trigger group and hammer, etc though. They are built like a tank and are really good guns but they are a little pricey so not many people have them unless you really are into the sport and are big on gas guns.

Now with your budget of $250-$300 you're probably going to be looking at the King Arms, WE, Clones (Don't recommend them at all), G&P Challenge Kit and the G&P WOC-X. Personally, I'd say go with the G&P Challenge Kit because you can get them for cheap, build quality is great, internals are good and you'll get to learn your gun inside and out. Also, This way you get to choose they mag of your liking. If you do go the WOC-X route you'll get a magazine for $50 more than the challenge kit but you'll have to pay shipping from Honk Kong so remember that.

If you can pick something up used that has already been upgraded a fair amount, that would be your best bet. If you really want to do some sniping, I would recommend looking into a PolarStar Fusion Engine. It's like 1,000 guns in one and you can turn it into a great DMR and not have to mess with cool down, and all the other things that plague Gas Guns.

As Vulrath said, we don't know a ton about other platforms over here besides the WA and G&P because we both own one so stopping by gasguns.info would help you out a lot more than what we can do.
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby russellvilleairsoft » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:49 pm

ok. thansk.ill look in to this more, but i'm just wondering if you could tell me where to find a good gbb m16, im thinking about converting one into something like a RSASS.(Remmington Semi Automatic Sniping System) of if you could help me come up with some ideas to find a gbb gun that woukd be easy to convert. ive done alittle reserch, and the we gbb m16a2 is my best option. but like you said, they leak alot of gas.
russellvilleairsoft

Return to Sniper Rifles