[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - So How Do You Like Your G&G G96...? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

So How Do You Like Your G&G G96...?

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

So How Do You Like Your G&G G96...?

Postby DRAGON64 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:02 pm

I ask, as they are on sale for $240 (ebay) $250 (Airsoft Megastore). I really want the TM L96 AWS again, but this new sale price is nearly half the price of the TM. If these are nice rifles, I may spring for one... anyone care to share their knowledge of this rifle?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/G-G-MAUSER-GAS- ... 537wt_1163

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/585_FPS ... -14500.htm

DRAGON64

Re: So How Do You Like Your G&G G96...?

Postby russellvilleairsoft » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:02 pm

i have found one on airrattle for 199, but its gas if your looking for a gas one. according to what i have reserched, they are a replica if the tanakta m700 with a l96 stock. they are more accurate that the well g96, but thay dont have the bolt like a l96 has. like i said. they are a m700 with a l96 stock. they seem to be good though. the best deal i have found is the one i mentioned.
russellvilleairsoft

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:05 pm

You could always buy my ARES AW-338 :wink:
Like he said, they are supposedly a copy of the Tanaka design. The WELL on the other hand is a copy of the Ares design.
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby DRAGON64 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:42 pm

Definitely gas, I have had enough with springers that just don't want to play nice. I have an M28, and after fondling it, she wants to stay together, but it always feels like it could break at any given moment.

I like the ease of gas, but there again, the darn rifle has to play nice... no leaky mags etc. I had a KJW M700 gasser for a short time, it shot great, then one day it just went all to heck... leaky mags, low fps.... it became a real turd.

But the G96 has all of the standard upgrades, so it seems like a nice platform to shoot from.
DRAGON64

Postby russellvilleairsoft » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:49 pm

yea. that what happened to mine. thats why im looking at the G&G g96.
although i also have been looking at some springers, evike has a King Arms Blaser R93 LRS1on pre order. it looks like it would be nice. but is is a springer and if you are like me, i like the gas guns because of its fps and how the bolt doent have that tough spring.
russellvilleairsoft

Postby DRAGON64 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:07 pm

Just ordered my G96 from airrattle.com $218 shipped

Is that R93 a battlefield rifle, or something from Buck Rogers Universe...?
DRAGON64

Postby vulrath » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:11 pm

The action, hop up and barrel are from their line of aftermarket Tanaka M700 parts (no, seriously, it's like they just decided to take it one step further and design their own stock and magazine, then assemble it all themselves). Stock and mag are proprietary, as far as I know, and the mag is a standard gas-in-mag design, but needs to be converted to external CO2/HPA to really bring it to its fullest potential.

It uses a system similar to the 2Roy hop up chamber available for the Tanaka M700.

Based off of what I know from KJW/Tanaka guns, I can say that it will make a fine sniper rifle.
vulrath

Postby DRAGON64 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:19 am

Thanks vulrath... based on your assesment, it sounds as though I have a pretty good starting platform.
DRAGON64

Postby DRAGON64 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:03 am

I received my G96 yesterday, and did a quick review of the rifle... and yes, I resemble the Michelin tire dude...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... I0VzvsP1cI
Last edited by DRAGON64 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
DRAGON64

Postby vulrath » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:51 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... I0VzvsP1cI

The link you posted was invalid for some reason, so here's a good one.

I watched the video, and yep, that's a Tanaka-style trigger mech. Have you chrono'd it yet? I'm betting that all you really need to do is replace the hop up bucking and inner barrel, and you should think about the external gas.
vulrath

Postby DRAGON64 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:03 pm

Thanks for the link fix, I went ahead and cut & pasted it back into my post.

The rifle is shooting hot, and clocks a right-turn 30 or so feet out of the barrel. I suspect the hop-up is the culprit. I had to add the music to the last half of the video, as my daughter turned on the aircondition unit while I was shooting, totaly ruining the sound... I was not dry-firing in case someone was curious. The weather is looking like it will be nice this weekend, so I planned to chrono then. If it does not rain, I'll go ahead and set up the chrony this eveing.
DRAGON64

Postby DRAGON64 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:51 pm

Here is the chrono test of my G96. The heaviest ammo I have is .30's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEc_atuu ... ideo_title

Definitely want to try .43's
DRAGON64

Postby vulrath » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:08 am

I just watched your video, and so far so good, but I'd like to give a couple of pointers as a user of the gun yours is based off of:

For the sake of your hop up, keep silicone as far away from the gas in your mags as possible. Otherwise the oil collects on the bucking, and your BBs will slip by without catching properly and your accuracy and consistency will suffer. Some buckings will end up swelling because the material they're made of absorbs silicone, too.

You can lower the FPS by loosening the tension screw that holds the striker spring in, and raise it (assuming your screw isn't bottomed out). You'll have to do some trial-and-error with the chrono to get it exact, but it is doable. Everything that I've read points to having it around 80% in is the max you want to screw it in.

The paint on the bolt has scratched off of both of my KJW bolts in certain places, and I believe it happens with Tanaka bolts too. It's a moving part; it seems to come with the territory, unfortunately. Not sure how Cold Blue would react as I believe it's a pot metal part.

You might be having problems with the hop up and barrel that I did with the KJW: on the KJW, the stock bucking/barrel combo were CRAP. I had to ditch them for a modified Madbull bucking (if you have a lathe, then that's the only time I'd willingly suggest this method over, say, an EDGI barrel) and a Nineball bucking (courtesy of Parafrog Airsoft - I had to call in and order over the phone, but they had them, which was unheard of at the time and might still be as I haven't looked recently). I'm not sure if King Arms has fixed the flashing issue on their buckings, or if you'd still have to turn that inside out and clean it up. You've already got the FPS, so now you're just missing consistency and accuracy.
vulrath

Postby DRAGON64 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:01 am

DRAGON64

Postby DRAGON64 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:20 pm

The more I shoot this rifle, the more I like it... here is round two of the chrono testing, this time with .36g and .43g ammo that I got from AirsoftGI:

Here is the video of the testing session:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgmS5mZN ... ideo_title
DRAGON64

Return to Sniper Rifles