which gun is most likely better.

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

which gun is most likely better.

Postby russellvilleairsoft » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:12 pm

i have been doing some reserch on two types of snipers, and from what i can tell the we m14 is a good deal on evike, i can get it for around 290-300 with scope base and googles alittle on the steep side. i have also found a G&G G96 on airrattle for 199. with it i could buy a new scope but not have the rof i would with the m14. Airsplat has a well G96 for around 250. it comes with a scope and bipod. but i have been told that they have a problem with gas leakage but can hit targets up to 300ft if you get a tbb and are a good aim. i was just wondering which one you think would be a good building platform. and a beater deal based on your experence with them.
thanks.

russellvilleairsoft

Re: which gun is most likely better.

Postby DRAGON64 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:11 am

I have the pleasure of owning all three at one time or another, and here is my take:

The m14 from WE is an awesome replica gas blowback rifle. It works hard, cycles nice, and rattles like crazy when doing so. It also wears out really fast, with the action becoming very loose in the plastic stock. It was quite in-accurate, and way in-consistant due to the use of propane. HPA would be a challenge with this platform. This rifle is heavy...

The G&G G96 is a well built rifle, a tank if you will. With propane, the rifle is inconsistant (from an fps standpoint), however I have yet to do any accuracy work on mine. I really like the rifle, but I have not finished evaluating its potential. With a scope, this rifle gets heavy...

The WELL G96... let me state first and foremost, that my rifle was built from two boneyard rifles that were suffering from two different failures. I was able to get one working rifle by combining the good part onto the best looking stock. The magazines leaked gas. The striker spring was not strong enough to fire a pellet more than 75ft. The bolt would hang everytime it was cycled (very well known issue with this platform). The bolt would hang by hitting the back of the "lips" that retain the bb's in the magazine clip, and would eventually break the lips off. I do not believe that HPA could have saved my rifle. It is heavy as heck! Note again, I did not purchase this rifle new, it was cobbled together from two boneyard purchases I picked up from Airsplat.

My youtube channel has videos of both the WE M14 and the G&G G96. My youtube profile is xxDRAGON64xx

If you are serious about any of these rifles, then I would recommend the G&G G96 because one; it is cheaper than the other rifles you mentioned, and two; it has quite a few upgrades already installed. For another $75 you can install a Leupold M1 sniper's rifle scope (clone) from Evike... the scope comes with a one-piece scope mount, and the G96 would look jam'n.

Don't shoot the messenger here...
DRAGON64

Postby russellvilleairsoft » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:24 pm

ok. thanks. do you know anything about the kjw kc02. it seems like it is a reliable gun. but im not sure how accurate it is at a long distance.
russellvilleairsoft

Postby DRAGON64 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:26 am

Get yourself an account on the Arnie's Airsoft forum, and read the in-depth reviews on that KJW rifle. For the most part, it is well received across the "big pond'" Also, there is a video on the Scoutthedoggie youtube channel that show this rifle in action... What I really like about the rifle, is the furniture is quite customizable with most any 10/22 type stocks on the market...
DRAGON64

Postby NOWWHATSUCCER? » Wed May 09, 2012 2:24 pm

One, don't do business with airsplat, they suck. two, I would assume the G&G would be better because I think it is a better brand.
NOWWHATSUCCER?

Return to Sniper Rifles