[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Cheytac Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Cheytac

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Cheytac

Postby masadaman » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:51 pm

Call me a cod softer, but I am looking at an m200. It is expensive, but I am willing to sell my magpul Masada acr, which is about 600$ with upgrades (it would be 700$ new) and lots of mags, batteries, bbs, really just aeg stuff. Is the gun worth it? And is there a place that sells it cheaper/ used?

Foliage magpul pts ACR (for sale)
masadaman

Re: Cheytac

Postby vulrath » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:23 pm

I know this probably isn't what you wanted to hear, but:

I haven't really paid too much attention to it lately (way, way out of my price range), but I remember the reviews from when it first came out. It's just like the Barrett sniper rifles - big, heavy, and not a lot of power. I dunno if there are upgrades or mods on the market yet, but it seems as though it was intended more as a show piece than anything else.

My advice: take the exact amount you'd spend on just the M200, and invest in a UTG L96 with all the trimmin's (hop up, barrel, cylinder upgrades, etc. - I've put about $500-600 into mine including the cost of the gun), or in a TM VSR with a lot of upgrades. Way better performance, better weight and balance, and better price.

Who knows, you or someone on the internet might be able to build you a custom stock that looks like the Cheytac.
vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:56 pm

To add on to Vulrath's advice. WELL (Guns that UTG rebrands) makes a spring AW-338 on Airsplat. All the same internals as the L96 with the awesome AW-338 stock.

Here's a link (Also available in black): http://www.airsplat.com/Items/AR-WELL-MB08-TN.htm
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby NOWWHATSUCCER? » Wed May 09, 2012 2:26 pm

No offence fluffy boy 32 but airsplat sucks.
NOWWHATSUCCER?

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Wed May 09, 2012 3:16 pm

Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby vulrath » Wed May 09, 2012 3:41 pm

I'm with Fluffy on this. The beauty of capitalism: you can vote with your dollar. I highly encourage you to do so.

I will gladly buy from Airsplat, and have several times in the past to the tune of several hundred dollars. Not once have they screwed up an order. They get an unfairly bad rep, much like Evike (who has also never mucked up one of my orders, and I've done a lot more business with them than I have Airsplat).
vulrath

Postby Irishman » Thu May 10, 2012 5:20 pm

I looked into the cheytac and like vulrath said, really your just paying for that "look" you would need to upgrade it just as much as any other sniper rifle you buy. +1 for Evike, never messed up an order and when they sent me a lemon m4 mag I sent it back and they gave me 2 in return for the inconvenience.
''Heart and mind overcome all"
Irishman

Postby NOWWHATSUCCER? » Tue May 22, 2012 3:04 pm

NOWWHATSUCCER?

Postby NOWWHATSUCCER? » Tue May 22, 2012 3:06 pm

NOWWHATSUCCER?

Postby vulrath » Tue May 22, 2012 3:28 pm

This is not the place for this. The conversation's done. It's over, killed, shot in the head. The OP's questions have been answered (in detail, I might add).

Again, my advice to you as a consumer is to take your business elsewhere if you aren't satisfied. At this point, you're acting out of line. Let's move on.

Any further conversation on this matter will be conducted via PM. Have a nice day.
vulrath

Return to Sniper Rifles