[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - My First Sniper Rifle Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

My First Sniper Rifle

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

My First Sniper Rifle

Postby flighttime95 » Mon May 07, 2012 3:39 pm

I am currently looking for a bolt action sniper rifle. My first option is the TSD SD98, but I was wondering if anybody else had any suggestions on other bolt action sniper rifles. I am looking for a medium priced gun ($115-$150) that also has a high FPS (Anything at or around 500 FPS). Any suggestions or comments will be appreciated.

Thanks.

flighttime95

Re: My First Sniper Rifle

Postby silentdeath25 » Tue May 08, 2012 5:52 am

i am in love with my Mauser SR2/L96(the mauser version has the l96 internals but just a different 'receiver' if you will) i've upgraded it with a 6.03 tight-bore inner barrel and an upgraded spring set. i also threw on a 3-9x40 scope on it and i can take out targets from a LONG way away. the original gun was around $120 without the scope. they have an upgraded version for $130 here's the link: http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/510_FPS ... /mb05a.htm anyway, i love talking sniper rifles my choice is the SR2; it shoots straight and it pack a punch
Subscribe to my new youtube channel, help the airsoft community in Memphis grow! Click and subscribe!
silentdeath25

Postby vulrath » Tue May 08, 2012 12:25 pm

FPS isn't everything. A sniper rifle isn't ready out of the box. Expect to dump a whole lot of money into an airsoft sniper rifle. Sniping in airsoft is nothing like you see in the movies.

Those are a few of the things you need to know before going any further.

I've built several (2 KJW M700Ps with a CO2 rig, a UTG L96, TM VSR-10 GSPEC), and with the exception of the GSPEC (because I'm not done - I just got it serviceable and left it alone until I can find the time and cash to drop on it) pretty much every one of them cost well over $400 after upgrades.

My UTG L96 in particular, though (since that's the one that's equivalent to what you're looking at), has had the most done to it and it's one of the most accurate (accuracy and consistency, not FPS, is key - what good is being able go out to 250+ feet if you can't hit anything (or can hit your intended target but not consistently)?) guns I've built. By my estimation, only the stock is, well, stock.

Don't bother with the "upgrade kits". They're cheap pot-metal junk. Get stuff you know will last, from brands that are widely trusted and recommended like Laylax/First Factory, KM HEAD, PDI, etc., but know that it ain't going to be cheap.

The hop up should be scrapped and replaced with a PDI. Don't bother with the nub that comes with it. Either fashion your own out of metal using a drill bit of the appropriate size, or use a piece of metal rod of the appropriate diameter and length. I'd provide photos, but right now that isn't in the cards. Expect a disassembly/reassembly guide for the UTG later on in the year.

Bottom line: if you don't have $500+ to spend on your rifle, then a sniper rifle may not be the best choice for the moment.
vulrath

Postby NOWWHATSUCCER? » Wed May 09, 2012 2:18 pm

The UTG shadow ops is great. I got some regular .25g and shot people 100+ yards away. No mods.
NOWWHATSUCCER?

Postby vulrath » Wed May 09, 2012 3:21 pm

vulrath

Postby silentdeath25 » Wed May 09, 2012 4:55 pm

Well, my 550fps L96 shoots fine at 100 yards, and fairly accurately too. I think as long as you have the hop-up, scope, and bb's perfectly in line you can reach 100 yards easily. But whatever.
Subscribe to my new youtube channel, help the airsoft community in Memphis grow! Click and subscribe!
silentdeath25

Postby FPStitanAUG » Fri May 18, 2012 5:38 am

I agree with nowwhatsuccer UTG shadow ops are great, But also the super X-9 is good to.
I take MILSIM to the MAX
FPStitanAUG

Postby NOWWHATSUCCER? » Mon May 21, 2012 2:23 pm

NOWWHATSUCCER?

Postby Irishman » Wed May 23, 2012 12:33 am

''Heart and mind overcome all"
Irishman

Postby NOWWHATSUCCER? » Thu May 31, 2012 2:19 pm

NOWWHATSUCCER?

Postby Irishman » Thu May 31, 2012 4:00 pm

I don't care. This thread is dead, it doesn't matter. Be mature and take whatever else you have to say to PM.
''Heart and mind overcome all"
Irishman

Postby Reaper501 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:45 pm

I have a Tokyo Marui VSR10 with at least $750 dollars in it and is still not done. A sniper is going to cost you alot of money to get how you want it.
Reaper501

Postby ReaperM14 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:39 am

Don't necro-post. Pay attention to dates on the last post.

Also, welcome to the forums!
Team Yakuza
OP: SoCo, Squad 2-2 (2012)
OP: Fulda Gap, Warsaw 120th (2012)

KWA M16 BR
KWA MP7A1
KWA USP Compact
Tokyo Marui MP5k
Tokyo Marui Mk23 SOCOM
Tokyo Marui M3 Super 90
ReaperM14

Postby AirsoftSniper59 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:18 am

Get the Matrix SVD II. Shoots very smooth and has a high 490 FPS with .20 right out of the box. Only costs $125 on Evike.com and its mostly metal except for the polycarbonate stock and handguard. If you want to get better FPS you can buy a better spring for it for a cheap price.
AirsoftSniper59

Postby jermleenats » Wed May 21, 2014 10:48 pm

Hello, because I'm new here and new to sniping, can you help me and tell what would be the best sniper rifle as my first? Thanks to anyone that helps me.
jermleenats

Return to Sniper Rifles