[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - kjw m700 need info on hpa setup Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

kjw m700 need info on hpa setup

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Re: kjw m700 need info on hpa setup

Postby jwoodby1983 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:52 pm

sorry for so many questions but which rig should i buy if i want c02 im soo confused

BOLT ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THEN WORDS
sniping is poetry in slow motion, up until you pull the trigger

Team Yukuza- Designated Marksman
Upgraded KJW M700 hpa beast
UTG m324-Sniper Pos Springer
CYMA-AK 47- Bone Stock
jwoodby1983
AirsoftVet

Postby jwoodby1983 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:01 pm

vul im soo confused on what to buy... can u tell me which one you would buy.. if i go c02 i dont need 2 regulators do i?

CYMA-AK 47- Bone Stock
jwoodby1983
AirsoftVet

Postby vulrath » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:10 pm

I'd buy the It will take any gas, and output 0-200 PSI. Remember, you're wanting an output pressure of 100-110 PSI.
vulrath

Postby xandman » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:22 pm

I have done a few Tanakas and KJWs to hpa aswell as a few pistols for the heck of it.

I am a big fan of the palmers pursuit air rigs, and that stems from a long usage with classic guns. Palmers makes a great built to spec rig and for the money is great and has good resale value, a 2nt option is a pre-built Polarstar rig (they offer rigs aswell).

----Tapping the mag---
1. Completely disassemble the mag (The reason for this is to make sure no metal shavings get in the mag)
2. Once you get the entire Mag apart measure a spot in the middle of the bottom metal plate of the Mag
3. Get your fittings (see pic below you will need 1 of each per mag)
-1 1/8th 90 degree
-1 1/8th QD fitting
4. Take a drill bit and make a hole roughly 1/8th of an inch and then get your tap and thread the mag base plate.
5. Teflon tape the fittings threads and then connect them all to each other then screw the fitting in to the mag (see pic below)
6. Enjoy the amazing-ness of your new mod (see pic below, its one of my old Tanakas I had to re-tap a year or so ago)

---Other uses for the mod----
You can tap any gas gun for HPA/Co2. All you need to do is drill the gas inlet valve and add a 1/6th or 1/8th quick disconnect after you re-tap the hole.
Friendly neighborhood armorer
Leader of team "yakuza"
忠誠心 , å誉 , å°Šé‡ , 正義 , 勇敢 , 慈悲
Irene VI, Irene VII (squad leader), Northern wind V, Northern wind VI(squad leader)
Remember " Big D" "1978-2009"
xandman

Postby vulrath » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:51 pm

Good info here.

A couple of things:

You'll need an 11/32" drill bit to drill the hole.

I've found that the easiest way to deal with the fittings is to just fit the male QD nipple directly into the hole in the magazine, then fit the female end (the end that has the hose) with bent fittings (if the rig is to be mounted on the stock; I just let it hang with my current rig since I have it set up to be moved across weapons platforms, but I did have it mounted on the stock of the rifle in a bag for a little while and that's what I did). is what I used to carry my miniature rig in when I ran it off of 12 gram powerlets.
vulrath

Postby jwoodby1983 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:28 pm

can i goto home depot, lowes, etc. to get the materials to tap the mag? where do i get the tap at?

CYMA-AK 47- Bone Stock
jwoodby1983
AirsoftVet

Postby vulrath » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:52 pm

The tap you can get at Home Depot, as well as most of the other fittings you need, like (sometimes) elbows and some other stuff. The QD fitting I would get at a local paintball shop or from Palmers. Just make sure it's all 1/8NPT.
vulrath

Previous

Return to Sniper Rifles