[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Sniper Rifle as Primary Weapon Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Sniper Rifle as Primary Weapon

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Sniper Rifle as Primary Weapon

Postby Suicycle » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:15 pm

I have a 6mm......can I shoot Spaz?
Suicycle

sniper + suicyle

Postby unknown » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:19 pm

unknown

Postby Suicycle » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:25 pm

While being part of the team........up and charging things with the pack or providing covering fire he aint. I think of it more as short range artilery. Stay away from the crowd and shoot them, while the rest of the team shoots at them.........just from another spot. He is the hunter on the field, not always the mass murderer.
Suicycle

Postby faden » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:25 am

G&P SR-16 RAS w/LE Stock
WA Wilson Combat Supergrade Compact
faden

Postby zenmic » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:27 am

[Yoda] Two there are always [/Yoda]
Mic
The Shop
zenmic
Site Admin

Postby LawVol » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:54 am

If you want to know about semi-auto sniper rifles, ask Headshot on the ETA forums. www.aokforums.com/eta. He has built three 500+ semi-only sniper rifles, and he is scary effective with them, almost to the point that it isn't fair. :wink:

I'd say the biggest disadvantage is the cost and skill required to build and maintain a somewhat reliable AEG sniper rifle. It isn't going to be as easy as dropping in an M170 spring. Be prepared to spend a LOT of money and a lot of time tinkering. But, it seems to be worth it if you can get it right; like I said, Headshot is scary effective with his.
LawVol

Postby Sniper » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:11 am

TN Airsoft Moderator

SteamID
http://steamcommunity.com/id/steamid2
CS:S, TF2, L4D, etc.
Sniper

Postby SwampFox » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:03 pm

SGT Jon "SwampFox" Sparks
The Shop
E Co. 4-6INF, 4 BCT, 1 AD
Sappers Forward.
SwampFox

Postby Hunter » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:24 pm

Hunter

Postby cowboy6 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:16 pm

cowboy6

Postby Not a Cheater » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:35 pm

[quote="Sniper] While being part of the team........up and charging things with the pack or providing covering fire he aint. I think of it more as short range artilery. Stay away from the crowd and shoot them, while the rest of the team shoots at them.........just from another spot. He is the hunter on the field, not always the mass murderer.[/quote]

snipers do NOT work alone[/quote]

I do.. and I work best alone :P[/quote]

You only work best alone because you don't dedicate the time into training with a spotter. :) The whole key is finding someone who you can trust to have your back. I have had a couple so called "spotters" and they make me so mad. They either leave you, give away your position, or they are to impatient. If you can find someone though and you work together, you definitaly got an edge on the field. There is only one thing worse then a "sneeky person"... two sneeky persons (Sam Fisher {me} is not included). yawn
I am a high speed PRO
Not a Cheater

Postby GRUsoldier25(ALA) » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:21 pm

[quote="Not a Cheater There is only one thing worse then a "sneeky person"... two sneeky persons (Sam Fisher {me} is not included). yawn[/quote]
there is only one thing worse than a sneaky person....two sneaky people(Big Boss{me}is not included.yawn :lol:
GRUsoldier25(ALA)

Postby cowboy6 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:44 pm

Like I said if you are into RAG or MIL-SIM airsoft this is the difference in the game. All you told me was that you play RAG airsoft in that QUOTE.

If you played MIL-SIM you follow A TO&E and a METL this is the difference. A good Squad could take you A great squad would eat you up and then split your gear up. Remember shoot, move, and communicate
COWBOY6
FRAG OUT!!
cowboy6

Postby Suicycle » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:58 pm

Now we are getting somewhere. I realize how real mil snipers work. That ain't what I have in mind. Also as brought up the size field and number of palyers has a major part in effectivness. My mind is working and that is what I was trying to make happen with this thread. Maybe a marksman with auto firepower on tap is more usefull to what I envision playing. I am still interested in the discussion at hand though.
Suicycle

Postby Sniper » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:36 pm

The main reason why I don't like spotters is... I am my own spotter :P

I carry 2 pistols, a sniper rifle, and an AEG.

Heavy? A little.

It's always funny to see a bunch of guys closing in, knowing your the only one.... then you pull out an AEG and surprise them :)
TN Airsoft Moderator

SteamID
http://steamcommunity.com/id/steamid2
CS:S, TF2, L4D, etc.
Sniper

Next

Return to Sniper Rifles