[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Tom Clancy vs CoD vs Battlefield Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Tom Clancy vs CoD vs Battlefield

For discussion of games for all platforms.

Moderator: Sniper

Tom Clancy vs CoD vs Battlefield

Postby armagedon » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:38 pm

Whats the best franchise

armagedon

Re: Tom Clancy vs CoD vs Battlefield

Postby knoxsofter » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:24 pm

Battlefield IMO. Don't know about Tom Clancy, but CoD sucks except for the Modern Warfare games.
G&G gr16
KWA M4 2GX
KJW p226
knoxsofter

Postby Klaus_Engel » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:30 pm

Call of Duty was awesome for what it was when it started, being an alternative to the Medal of Honer Series. When they made the jump to Modern Warfare they essentially became Micheal Bays 'Splosion Spectacular.

Tom Clancy had a wicked line up with Rainbow Six and Splinter Cell, yet over the past few years they seems to have lost focus on the awesome that it used to be.

Battlefield was released with a purpose in mind-Multiplayer in a setting with classes. What kept them awesome was the fact that there was a strong variety in game play and promoted team work. Out of all the franchises DICE was the only company that didn't sacrifice quality for more sales on consoles and sent a personal apology to PC gamers for not showing love to the market.
Deutsch von Blut, Memphis durch die Natur.
Klaus_Engel

Postby Sigmarius » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:17 pm

Early on, the Tom Clancy games were geared towards realism, especially the Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon franchises.

Ghost Recon has always been about the near future, but both games were always geared towards brutal reality. I play Rainbow Six Vegas 2 all the time, and even with your armor as heavy as you can get it, three 5.56 rounds to the chest and you're going down.

It's painful.

Team Leader: ODA-865
http://www.oda-865.com
Sigmarius

Postby SPARKDOGG » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:23 pm

BATTLE FIELD hands down the best. The mod "Dersert Combat" for BF1942 was the stuff,

GSF supporter.
Echo Company Member
Mtn Men Malitia
Piney Flats Recon
Tri-Cities Mod

SPARKDOGG

Postby RCPD S.T.A.R.S » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:03 am

i agree with the Nazi two post up! lolz jk jk i play Vegas 2 on terrorist hunt all the time!
S.T.A.R.S LEADER
Blackwater 2.0 PMC Milsim Leader

APS U.A.R
Cybergun Desert Eagle
KWC Smith & Wesson mp40

....in the mist of silence an the shadows of night is when the trigger was pulled.....
RCPD S.T.A.R.S
AirsoftVet

Postby JiMiNeY » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:04 pm

Here is how i rank these games. I explain wy under ranking.

1. call of duty
2. battlefield
3. tom clancy

i say this because most people i see playing xbox/playsation its either cod or battlefield. i personally play cod series, i have been pplaying since big red one came out on gamecube and hands down cod is number 1. battlefield number 2 because when i play xbox live i rarely see some1 playing a tom clancy game and since bad company came out alot more people have been playing the battlefield series.i own bad company 2, rainbow six vegas 2, and most of the cod games.
G&G M4 Raider
KJW M9 GBB
JiMiNeY

Postby Saint » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:32 pm

Man, the first FPS I ever picked up was Rainbow Six for the Play Station. I played that game until my controller gave out. (I blame this game for my first person shooter obsession) Sadly, I sucked at it lol.

I'd go Tom Clancy, Battlefield, then COD. Clancy for the nostalgia, and as RCPD said, Terrorist Hunt on R6V2 rocked. Battlefield next because it took Multiplayer to a whole new level for me when I tried it. (I mastered the Airplane in 1942 on the computer, and dominated my flightless friends for years) Finally COD, just because I never could get into the storyline of the originals. (I was also a MOH fan, but haven't tried the new one yet)

That's just my .02
Mtn Men Malitia
Co-Founder Forrest's Tennessee Rifle's: Jonesborough Rifleman
Attended 2010 Airsoft Training Day
Fulda Gap: Nato: 4.3 (I Took a Nap At Fulda Gap)
D-Day 2010 German, D-Day 2009 United States
Halloween Hellfight 2008 Special Forces
Saint

Postby KWAs R BEAST » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:14 pm

Battlefeild is the best out of 2, never played clancy so cant say nothin bout it,but battlefield is king. COD is definetly over rated and dont get me wrong, i love playing it, but battlefield is just 100% more realistic, cant wait till BF3 comes out
Team Mobile Infantry
KWA M4 RIS
KWA M2 m1911
KWAs R BEAST

Postby thejohnson98 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:51 pm

Remember children this is just airsoft.
thejohnson98

Postby Klaus_Engel » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:00 pm

Hey, Minecraft rocks, it's out door legos for adults!
Deutsch von Blut, Memphis durch die Natur.
Klaus_Engel

Postby SekiRyu » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:47 pm

From what I can tell, Rainbow Six: Raven Shield was the last good, realistic FPS out there. The newer R6 games, CoDs, Battlefields, etc., they're all mindless run-and-gun.
SekiRyu

Postby -EAF- » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:40 pm

Death Before Dishonor.

Strength And Honor

Guns:
Trying to build my collect back up
-EAF-
AirsoftVet

Postby SoulSoldier72 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:12 am

i would say battlefeild just because how realistic it is. COD is fun to play at first then gets really boring after a while..
king arms magpul moe
we m-92
SoulSoldier72

Postby SekiRyu » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:46 pm

SekiRyu

Next

Return to Gaming