[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Ghost... Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Ghost...

For discussion of games for all platforms.

Moderator: Sniper

Ghost...

Postby Devildog » Mon May 16, 2011 9:41 pm

I believe Ghost is alive, maybe Roach also, I believe the next Modern Warfare franchise will reveal that they didn't lay in the pit of flames for long, Ghost had a plate carrier that stopped those .44 slugs, but maybe caused rib and organ damage, and maybe he had a false blood pouch under the uniform to account for the red splatter on his clothing. Ghost lives.

Forrest's TN Rifles 43rd Regiment "Boone's Rifles-The Grey Ghosts"
Mtn. Men Malitia

"Ghost" Balaclava

KWA M4A1 Carbine, Tan furniture

Cerebral Hemorrhoids, is what occurs when one has his head up his arse too long
Devildog

Re: Ghost...

Postby zackattack » Tue May 17, 2011 7:23 am

as much as I hoped ghost lived I dont see much chance of that happening and didnt the shot come out his back too?
total knife kills 20.
zackattack

Postby ProfessorCrow » Tue May 17, 2011 1:58 pm

Like Overwatch on Facebook!
Daytona Gun GBB MK48 Custom - KWA MK23 with LAM- TM Spas 12
ProfessorCrow

Postby Rainbow6 » Fri May 20, 2011 7:44 pm

I.... LOVED GHOST!!
YM/CPL
Lt. Alexander Bonnyman's Unit

PARALLEL 38 AIRSOFT
http://www.parallel38airsoftteam.com/
Rainbow6
AirsoftVet

Postby chrisdetrin » Sat May 21, 2011 5:09 pm

▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Postby Tactical Donut » Mon May 23, 2011 6:34 pm

-Retracted, I was wrong-
Formerly Known as McKnight
Tactical Donut

Postby Flaming Chariot » Mon May 23, 2011 6:44 pm

Ghost got shot just below the neck, point blank, by .44 magnum. AND set on fire after being doused in gasoline. Roach was already dying, got shot, again, point blank by a .44 magnum. AND set on fire after being doused in gasoline. As much as I'd like to think they will, I HIGHLY doubt even awesome British spec-ops could survive all that. I would also like to point out that neither of them had Kevlar vests, only chest rigs.
But, just to make you happy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhkEJZLg ... re=related
Flaming Chariot

Postby RCPD S.T.A.R.S » Tue May 31, 2011 2:22 pm

Iama Ghost fan as well, i beleive that he is dead though.....sadly..... But R.I.P my friend...
S.T.A.R.S LEADER
Blackwater 2.0 PMC Milsim Leader

APS U.A.R
Cybergun Desert Eagle
KWC Smith & Wesson mp40

....in the mist of silence an the shadows of night is when the trigger was pulled.....
RCPD S.T.A.R.S
AirsoftVet

Postby Flaming Chariot » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:38 am

After reading the comics about him, it seems that they have put too much work into his character just to have Shepard off him halfway through the game. He now seems BA enough to survive. I would love if the first MW3 mission is entitled "Ghost."
Flaming Chariot

Postby Sigmarius » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Weren't the comics done AFTER the game? In which case, the character development was done AFTER he was killed in the game.

It's like Conan the Barbarian. Most of what we think we know about him doesn't actually come from the original works.

Team Leader: ODA-865
http://www.oda-865.com
Sigmarius

Postby Flaming Chariot » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:23 am

Still, I don't think they'd spend time developing his character if he were to stay dead.
Flaming Chariot

Postby Sigmarius » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:15 pm

Just checked to verify.

The guy who wrote the comics has nothing to do with IW, so the amount of work put in by the IW staff for the comics was likely minimal at best. Since the character development was done AFTER the game, why would the writers cheapen the impact of Ghost's death by bringing him back to life.

If IW was smart, they would keep him and everyone else who died in the games dead. Otherwise, the games are going to move in to the realm of ridiculousness reserved for anime and soap operas.

Besides, why is he so popular? I mean sure, the mask is kind of cool, but it's far from original. I always thought Price was cooler. What's the big deal with Ghost anyway?

Team Leader: ODA-865
http://www.oda-865.com
Sigmarius

Postby chrisdetrin » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:30 pm

itt people arguing rather or not a dead guy is dead.
  ▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Postby Rainbow6 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:06 pm

YM/CPL
Lt. Alexander Bonnyman's Unit

PARALLEL 38 AIRSOFT
http://www.parallel38airsoftteam.com/
Rainbow6
AirsoftVet

Postby zackattack » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:14 pm

we will never know until mw3 comes out