[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Deus Ex Human Revolution Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Deus Ex Human Revolution

For discussion of games for all platforms.

Moderator: Sniper

Deus Ex Human Revolution

Postby vulrath » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:54 am

Anyone else got it? I picked it up last night for PC - holy crap! This is possibly the best game I've played all year (that's saying something, since I absolutely adored Starcrack 2). The takedowns/kills are just brutal. :twisted: The story thus far is really good, too.

This game also represents a massive leap in CG technology. Instead of using the traditional polygonal shapes that we've been using for years to make the pretty pictures in our video game worlds, they have actually used spherical shapes. The result: a far prettier picture, with a significantly less "blocky" appearance, something that has been a pet peeve of mine since I started gaming (e.g. no more visible lines at the edges of a person's forehead).

vulrath

Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution

Postby -EAF- » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:15 am

Dang! Looks insane!
Death Before Dishonor.

Strength And Honor

Guns:
Trying to build my collect back up
-EAF-
AirsoftVet

Postby vulrath » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:13 pm

I've almost beaten the game - it's nice to see a solid story-driven single-player FPS where multiplayer isn't even an afterthought at launch, for once. It's also nice to see that in the traditional Deus Ex tradition, you have a choice - sneak around everyone, knock them all out, or kill'em all (after all, it isn't a Deus Ex game if you can't walk in the front door and fire off a rocket launcher into a crowd of bad guys). The different paths you take changes the ending of the game, so it does actually matter (also increases replay value, which for a single-player game is kind of important).

The weapon upgrade system is a little ridiculous at times - I used an armor-piercing upgrade on my pistol, and then proceeded to lay waste to giant security-bot-tank-things just last night, for example. Granted, it took dozens of rounds, but it was a lot more effective than my rifles and shotguns.

I have had a few challenges with the game freezing and with stuttering audio - I've tried the suggested remedies (turn off tesselation, turn off DirectX 11, etc.), and while I've gotten rid of the freezing issue (it liked to freeze at loading screens, which required me to manually close the game via the task manager; turning off tesselation helped this) I still have problems with the audio. I'm hoping a patch at a later date sorts all of that out.

All in all, if you haven't bought this game yet (or at least tried it), you need to. It really is THAT good.
vulrath

Postby DaisySibyl » Wed May 16, 2012 1:15 am

It is a really good game. It reminded me of Mass Effect a little bit
DaisySibyl

Return to Gaming