[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Any tabletop gamers here? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Any tabletop gamers here?

For discussion of games for all platforms.

Moderator: Sniper

Any tabletop gamers here?

Postby vulrath » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:11 am

I'm sitting here giddy with excitement waiting for the release of the new Necron codex for Warhammer 40k ('bout time, lol), and I'm wondering if anyone (other than Crow and Sigmarius - you've outed yourselves long ago) plays tabletop games.

I play Warhammer 40k, Dungeons & Dragons, and whatever other crazy games my brother brings home with him (I've played everything from Monty Python Fluxx to Nuns on the Run (I kid you not, that is an actual title)).

Some photos (for stuff and giggles):

Yes, I'm a genuine nerd.

vulrath

Re: Any tabletop gamers here?

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:37 pm

Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby vulrath » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:47 pm

I made peace with my nerdiness a long time ago (about the same time I started planning a remotely-controlled airsoft rover with an automated turret a few years back, and when I got bored one day and built a reprogrammable burst controller from stuff lying around on my work bench - it didn't pan out, but the point is that I was able to try it). What can I say?

Besides, these games allow (nay, require) social interaction and serious strategy, unlike most computer and console games today, with the prevalence of "twitch" shooters that have no real story because the single player mode was an afterthought after they finished putting together the multiplayer system. *cough*ModWar and Halo*cough*
vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:15 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby vulrath » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:38 pm

The first Halo may have had a somewhat decent story, but after that it was just fanservice in my opinion (flamesuit on). Microsoft and Bungie were just milking the cash cow for all it was worth (and then when M$ and Bungie parted ways, just M$).

I do play some computer/console games (quite a few of them, actually), but I must say that I haven't enjoyed a computer game as much as I have a game of 40k (even when I'm getting my ass whooped, it's still a good time).
vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:16 am

I have started to lose my Passion for gaming as well. With the few enjoyable titles that my parents will allow me to play, that's about all I have to play. No COD, GOW, Crysis, Etc, Etc. I've been able to talk them into the Halo series but that's about it as far as online shooters go. I was however able to pick up Dead Space 2 (Wonderful game BTW) which is fun but playing the same games over and over and not being able to purchase the next game of the year and experience it, kinda sucks. So yeah, Because of this, I've started to mess around with video/photo editing and animation/graphics. Takes up a lot of my time so my Xbox has just been something my parents use to stream Netfilx lately :lol:

I play Minecraft from time to time but not having a computer that can run it smoothly sometimes can make it hard to enjoy. I may look into buying/building a Graphics Design/Gaming/High-Speed PC in the future if money allows it.
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby ProfessorCrow » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:04 pm

I have not played tabletop in years. Had a big ole Chaos+Beast army in Fantasy, and then I got a few various squads in 40k (Where I fell in love with the setting.) but I never played a game of 40k.

Then my local Games Workshop shut down, I found airsoft, and put down the paintbrush for the time. Would love to start up a new 40k army, if a new GW/Hobby Store opened up within a reasonable distance and I could juggle the money between airsoft and tabletop, which I doubt. :?

Didn't peg you for a Necron, Vulrath. :wink:

-CroW
Like Overwatch on Facebook!
Daytona Gun GBB MK48 Custom - KWA MK23 with LAM- TM Spas 12
ProfessorCrow

Postby vulrath » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:57 pm

Necrons and Eldar so far...Might try Tau on for size eventually, too.

Necrons are the single hardest army I've had to assemble, but so far they've been the most entertaining to play, and they work with my current preferred style (run straight down the middle - I never said I was subtle, lol). The new release today improved it marginally (the supporting arm is now flat and angled on the weapon side instead of ball-and-socket joints on both sides), but they still suck to put together.

My Eldar army (whenever I finally get that fleshed out) is supposed to be up close and personal. I guess I'll see how well that works out.

Sucks to hear about your GW store. I'd look for independent stores in the area if you want to play (the GW site has a store finder for that ).
vulrath

Postby -EAF- » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:23 pm

I've just started playing D&D with my friends from college. I've also fallen in love with Magic too.
Death Before Dishonor.

Strength And Honor

Guns:
Trying to build my collect back up
-EAF-
AirsoftVet

Postby vulrath » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:46 pm

We have a D&D session every Sunday. Lots of fun - with that many weird people in the same room, there are bound to be some fireworks going off. What rule set do you play (3.5, Pathfinder, or 4e)?

Magic - I stopped caring about the newer rules after the Mirrodin block, but a good friend willed me his (rather expansive) collection when he died a couple of years ago.

So, I was at the GW store last night and got offered one of the Games Day game tables they built (built and painted by at least one of the employees there) a couple years back. Needs some work, but it's still a kickass table.

The spoils:

vulrath

Postby ProfessorCrow » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:27 am

Looks like Ork territory to me. :wink:

-CroW
Like Overwatch on Facebook!
Daytona Gun GBB MK48 Custom - KWA MK23 with LAM- TM Spas 12
ProfessorCrow

Postby -EAF- » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:07 am

We play every Sunday too. Normally start at like 11pm and normally go all night. We play by 3.5 rules. Next semester we are going to go by a star wars theme right now we are pirates. I'm a lvl 7 ranger wood elf.
Death Before Dishonor.

Strength And Honor

Guns:
-EAF-
AirsoftVet

Postby vulrath » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:17 am

Usually we start at 9 (right now we seem to be starting earlier so that the DM can watch Walking Dead, lol), and go to about midnight (hey, I gotta work in the morning). 3.5 rules here, too - 4e is all combat, no roleplaying, and Pathfinder I don't like all that much, even though it should have been adopted as the real 4e.

I'm a level 5 warlock afflicted with lycanthropy (I'm a wererat, of all things; I owe the DM basically 21,000XP before I can become level 6 because my character is treated like a level 7).

Crow, I think it was supposed to be a Necron tomb world. We're just going to go with "cool swamp-themed table with some ruins on it," I think.
vulrath

Postby Sigmarius » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:02 pm

Wow. DnD nerds too?

I played 3rd edition, 3.5, 3rd ed Star Wars, Star Wars Legacy, 4th ed, Dark Heresy/Deathwatch...

..oh, and for you Vulrath, I just feel the need to say this :ahem:

PURGE THE XENOS!

Team Leader: ODA-865
http://www.oda-865.com
Sigmarius

Postby -EAF- » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:29 pm

When the semester starts back up my school is starting a star wars D&D.

I saw on some website about a Gundam wing D&D and thought it would be really cool.
Death Before Dishonor.

Strength And Honor

Guns:
-EAF-
AirsoftVet

Next

Return to Gaming