[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - 5.11 Tactical TDU pant review Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

5.11 Tactical TDU pant review

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

5.11 Tactical TDU pant review

Postby prometheus » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:08 pm

At first touch you notice how thick the rip-stop material is, and how strong all the sticking is. then after closer examination you see all the little things that make these pants what they are, and that is amazing! fine attention to detail from top to bottom is apparent, they are well worth the 37 dollars indeed.

They feel great, and the waist adjustment system is very cool. we will see how long the 2"wide elastic will hold up, I would recommend always wearing a belt to keep from over-stretching it. the ties at the bottom of the pant are more of a shoe lace material, which are much easier to tie. the BBS pockets are real cool, each can hold 2 m4 mags, and have a velcro panel in front to keep things from sloshing around in the rest of the cargo pocket. there are re-enforcements at every corner, little change pocket inside the pocket....hell, there is even a drain hole sewn into the bottom of the side pockets! the neoprene pads are alright, exactly what I expected. They will fit into the tru-spec MARPAT BDUs, and will do fine for what they are, but I doubt I will use them with my Alta tactical knee pads. the rip-stop is treated with teflon, and repels water like a duck, you could use this to transport water if need be! very nice, still after 2 washes. we will see how long this lasts. I am sure the teflon will help extend the life from normal wear and tear as well.

I highly recommend these pants, they come in rip-stop or cotton twill, and in a variety of colors,(5.11's version of woodland digital, which has more coyote in it that the MARPATs) I went with the OD.

The problems not getting the politicians out of war, its getting the war out of the politicians.
prometheus

Postby Beowolff » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:52 pm

nice... thanks for the review.

i need to get me some new stuff... my pants/shirts/jackets, etc... are all nice military stuff... but they're getting old and very ratty looking. also, so much of it i can't wear comfortably anymore---due to old age spread! lol!

so i am very much in the market for some new things.

Beo
Mark Twain:
“I’ve seen people burn down their house
to get rid of ants, but I never figured that
worked as well as they thought it would.”
Beowolff

Postby Genphlux » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:16 pm

I wear these too, I think they're great! I don't like wearing kneepads, so the built-in kneepads help me.
Genphlux
Site Admin

Postby prometheus » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:54 pm

I put the pads in for work around the house, but can not go without the Alta's on the field.

I said that they fit in my tru-spec's, but they won't fit in SOG grunt's. I guess since mine are a larger size. or maybe mine are made different. they should take the same size insert.
The problems not getting the politicians out of war, its getting the war out of the politicians.
prometheus

Return to Gear Discussions