[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Radios Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Radios

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Re: Radios

Postby JayC » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:53 pm

www.gundevils.com - Nashville, TN
JayC

Postby vt4ster » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:50 am

Excuse my ignorance with radios but if not playing on a structured team with integrated communications, what would be the most flexible unit to have.
Seems to me the GMRS/FRS radios would be more likely encountered, because of cost and flexibility.
I have a midland "bubble pak" set used for hunting but would likely upgrade to be compatible with others I may encounted in airsoft scenarios.

I appreciate any info you would share
"Endeavor to persevere"
(Chief Dan George)
Ut Prosim
vt4ster

Postby Sigmarius » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:41 am

The bubble pack GMRS/FRS are going to be the most common radios, at least here in East Tennessee.

Team Leader: ODA-865
http://www.oda-865.com
Sigmarius

Postby swimmerboy15 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:09 am

I was also looking into a good radio system for games. I want a good headset (full headset with mic boom or just an ear piece with a mic boom) and ive looked at motorola headsets as well as one that I found on evike which is the full (covers both ears) headset and I was wondering what are good radios to use (would motorola work for these purposes) and was wondering about compatibility
-KWA SR-10 Upgraded
-KWA M16BR
-Echo G36K
-KJW 1911

Modern Warfare 2 Addict

"Our goal is not to get to Hell fast, only to make sure it is crowded when we get there"
swimmerboy15

Postby Sigmarius » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:25 pm

Sigmarius

Postby swimmerboy15 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:24 pm

thanks man I appreciate it. thats the response I was looking for. That headset and those radios are compatible, correct?
-KWA SR-10 Upgraded
-KWA M16BR
-Echo G36K
-KJW 1911

Modern Warfare 2 Addict

"Our goal is not to get to Hell fast, only to make sure it is crowded when we get there"
swimmerboy15

Postby Sigmarius » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:39 pm

According to Evike, the headset will work with the talkabouts.

I don't have the talkabouts yet, I thought they would work with the single pin cobras I have, but they don't.

Ask me again in a week and I'll let you know.

Sigmarius

Postby vulrath » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:02 pm

Quite frankly, I prefer my Motorola Radius P1225, and a nice Motorola-branded headset. You can find a used Radius for roughly the same price as a good set of bubble-pack radios (I bought mine for $60) on ebay, and if you look around you should also be able to find a seller that's willing to program the radio as well (I found a couple that do it for an additional fee, but the guy that I finally bought from didn't charge for it). Just make sure you get a UHF one in the 460MHz bandsplit that's narrow band compliant.

I haven't purchased my headset for this radio yet, but I have an identical one for the MT1000 that it's replacing. is the headset that I'm buying (the only difference between this and what I've got is the radio connector). They're actually super-comfy, and it's from Motorola's 2-way division, so (unlike their cell phones) I know it'll be extra durable.
vulrath

Postby Tpp4 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:36 pm

To shed some light upon the subject,
I would highly recommend the Puxing PX-888. It has a LCD screen and is programmable. It is a 4-watt radio which means you will be able to broadcast father than you will ever need it to. It is also upgradable if you wish to upgrade it. Very nice radio, I just got one and I love it. You can buy a new one for about $80.

Pulling a xandman:
ARSENAL
ALOT...
Tpp4

Postby JayC » Sun May 16, 2010 9:09 am

The PX-888's are very good radios... If you're looking at going to regional or national events, they are probably one of the best radios to use... But, they do require that you know something about radios and how to program them correctly.

I'd strongly suggest staying away from the swimmer style headsets, and go with the bowman style instead, it allows you to still hear whats going on... And costs the exact same...

Also, the Comtac replica's are pretty good, but you should order a Peltor Comtac replacement kit to make them more comfortable.
www.gundevils.com - Nashville, TN
JayC

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions