[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Radios Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Radios

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Radios

Postby ProfessorCrow » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:26 am

Ello gentlemen,

I am a complete and utter noob at radios.

I dont know them in or out of airsoft.

It seems that most Hand-held radios work with any other? I'm not all too sure.

I'm asking you fellows what is the cheapest radio that will still do the job of letting me phone in with my team.

Thanks abunch,

-Crow

Like Overwatch on Facebook!
Daytona Gun GBB MK48 Custom - KWA MK23 with LAM- TM Spas 12
ProfessorCrow

Postby Insanity » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:30 am

We are radio whores here in the Pacific Northwest !
Cobra, Icon and Uniden are all good radios. Expect to pay anywhere between $49.00 to $100.00 for a decent set.

We use Cobra's with sub-channels and single pin accessory ports. They have a good 27 mile radius.
Insanity

Postby JayC » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:04 am

www.gundevils.com - Nashville, TN
JayC

Postby ProfessorCrow » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:00 pm

Thanks for the helpful post, JayC.

I say, at the moment, I'm mostly doing skirmishing and some light Milsim/Milplay, and this would just be a radio that I use to communicate with other players on my team that have radios.

Thanks,

-Crow
ProfessorCrow

Re: Radios

Postby DMSummerhill » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:10 pm

bump. im lookin for a radio too and know nothin... help me and Crow out! :D
DMSummerhill

Postby Death » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:37 pm

Bullhorns work best.
Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring...

Bad information spreads like cancer...
Death

Postby CrazyIvan » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:08 am

I don't know specifics but I've had great success in all different types of environments with surplus VHF radios. They can be a little pricey, and so can accssories but they work great just about anywhere and can be picked up in groups on eBay. The ones I speak of specifically are the Motorola Spirits. Could be overkill for your situation, and unless everyone is using radios that can operate on that type of frequency then you're boned. Just some food for thought! :D
Jordan
Callsign: CrazyIvan
"Some men aren't looking for anything logical. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."
CrazyIvan

Postby JayC » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:21 am

JayC

Postby CrazyIvan » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:28 pm

Jordan
"Some men aren't looking for anything logical. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."
CrazyIvan

Postby JayC » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:07 pm

The big problem with them is cost, replacement batteries are $20+ and being VHF they really can only talk to other vhf radios which aren't very popular.
JayC

Postby CrazyIvan » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:15 am

Again, good points. Since we're on the radio subject, has anyone seen the hollow DH AN/PRC-148 replicas that allow you to stuff in a regular GMRS or UHF guts into? It has an adapter built in that allows you to use the same accessories (PTT, headsets, etc) as if it were a legit DH AN/PRC-148. I've also seen Dragon Red airsoft selling working replica DH AN/PRC-148 radios. Would that be something of use around these parts?
Jordan
CrazyIvan

Postby Skully » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:02 pm

Those are just shells that use Motorola/Midland/Cobra radios, if they are the ones I am thinking of. So basicaly they are just for looks with no other benefit. All I can say is back in Wisconsin most peeps just used the 3 brands I just mentioned. I admit the terrain there is greatly different then here, but they did work for the fields I played at there.
When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

Franklin D. Roosevelt
Skully

Postby JayC » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:20 pm

JayC

Postby CrazyIvan » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:28 pm

Jordan
CrazyIvan

Postby ProfessorCrow » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:57 pm

Further Radio woes:

I bought a nice pair of Motorola One Pin radios. I'm not sure of the exact model, but I got them used from a serious Milsim player (and nice guy, I might add)

It's got all the features, Subchannels and such to show it's not a cheap POS.

I got a Bravo headset for it. All the pins fit and worked fine, but theres a problem.

My message can broadcast (I'm using the other radio of the set to test, if it matters) and the other radios pick it up, but I cant hear anything from other radios. :/

I went through the options on the radio, and most of it is Greek to me, being the Radio "noob" that I am.

I'd appreciate some assistance.

Thanks,

-Crow
ProfessorCrow

Next

Return to Gear Discussions