[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Helmet Recomends & Where-to-buy Help Needed... Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Helmet Recomends & Where-to-buy Help Needed...

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Helmet Recomends & Where-to-buy Help Needed...

Postby DRAGON64 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:10 am

I wear pretty good size hats, usually in the 7 3/4" range (xtra LG). Trying to find a replica of either the MICH 2000 or PASGT helmets has been quite a search. Most venders state that the helmets "ONE SIZE FITS MOST" medium to large. This usually translates into...I cannot wear it.

I would like a MICH 2000 or PASGT to help complete my Airsoft load-out, so could someone point in the general direction of something in an extra large size (7 3/4" size)? Of course I would need a MARPAT cover to finish it, but I do not seem to have an issue locating these, although a government issue cover would be nice.

Last edited by DRAGON64 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
DRAGON64

Re: Helmet Recomends & Where-to-buy Help Needed...

Postby Lt. Dan » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:49 pm

Keep an eye on Ebay, Ive seen Issued Mich Helmets selling on there recently for as low as 50 bucks w/covers (average is about 150$). Seeing as your a big fella I dont think youll have an issue holding that weight up.

Airsoft replica helmets re the most uncomfortable things ive ever had on my head. My personal helmet is a protec, and i actually wear it to keep me from splitting my head open whilst running around (Im clumsy what can I say). :?
Lt. Dan

Location: On the Job while your playing soldier in pretend war-land

Postby Tige132 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:56 pm

www.smtactical.com/ has some great helmets.
Tige132

Postby CrazyIvan » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:57 am

Not a bad price on the helmets but the color section is limited. The helmets listed by airsoftwarfare on eBay only come in large but do come in tan, OD, and black. They are available as the 2000, 2001, and 2002 models and all come equipped with a Norotos NVG mount pre-installed. Most of them also already come pre-velcroed as well but you're gonna pay a pretty penny in shipping since they're coming from outside the US, from HK I believe. Good luck and happy hunting!
Jordan
Callsign: CrazyIvan
"Some men aren't looking for anything logical. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."
CrazyIvan

Postby JayC » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:19 am

A Large mich will fit somebody who wears a 7 3/4 hat... There are different size pads for different size heads, you may need to order a military issue set of pads to make the helmet fit better. I also wear a 7 3/4 hat and all the large mich helmets fit me fine, but fit a little bit better with a good set of pads.

As for color, that is what helmet covers or spray paint is for. My current helmet came as black, but looks great painted up.
www.gundevils.com - Nashville, TN
JayC

Postby DRAGON64 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:37 am

DRAGON64

Postby Rogue Element » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:36 pm

Here's a interesting one that I came across today from Airsoft GI:

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=6088

MARSOC units are often seen with tan helmets sans digital covers. So your look would be in-line with the real-deal.
"Strike with Chaos!" -Sun Tzu
Rogue Element

Postby CrazyIvan » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:34 am

Dang, now that's got ME torn between the MICH 2001 and the IBH. :lol:
Jordan
"Some men aren't looking for anything logical. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."
CrazyIvan

Postby DRAGON64 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:56 pm

DRAGON64

Postby JayC » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:25 pm

JayC

Postby JayC » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:27 pm

JayC

Postby CrazyIvan » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:34 pm

Evike sells the replica Rhino armss for $85.00 according to their website. Would this not work with the IBH helmet fitted with the Wilcox mount?
Jordan
CrazyIvan

Postby JayC » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:37 pm

JayC

Postby CrazyIvan » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:43 pm

Ahh, cool. Thanks for the clarification. I'd say anyone who has quality, functional NVG's probably isn't too concerned with the price of the mount. At least I can only assume so. :lol:
Jordan
CrazyIvan

Postby JayC » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:14 am

JayC

Next

Return to Gear Discussions