[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - MAgpul AFG Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

MAgpul AFG

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

MAgpul AFG

Postby vulrath » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:36 pm

Has anyone heard anything about it (good, bad, neutral)? I've been thinking about getting one for my new SCAR, because I grip my gun at roughly that angle and its uncomfortable (for me; I'm used to either having an ergonomic front grip built into the gun or not needing one at all because of my weapon sets) without something underneath my fingers.

Linky: http://dsgarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction ... ct_ID=2642

vulrath

Re: MAgpul AFG

Postby redneckemt » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:27 pm

It's a nich item. It'll work for some people but not everybody.

Most of the reviews I've read... From the guys who got these from Magpul to test.... liked them. But many of them said it's better on longer rails. And that it takes up alot of real estate on their guns. Not exactly bad things...

Over all the reviews are very much in favor of this item.
redneckemt

Postby Rogue Element » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:23 am

I posted some more information on the Angled Fore Grip recently in the "Gearbox" section. The theory is sound, making a full indexed grip more ergonomic. I'm interested to try one out to see if it translates into reality.

viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16858
"Strike with Chaos!" -Sun Tzu
Rogue Element

Postby vulrath » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:18 pm

Yeah...That's how I knew it existed (promptly forgot where I found out about it, which led to a full-on hunt amongst the different forums I frequent). Whjat I was really hoping was that someone here had gotten one now that it's been released.
vulrath

Postby Rogue Element » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:27 am

Rogue Element

Postby vulrath » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:45 am

Thanks for the heads-up, Rogue. I'm going to be purchasing one fairly soon to experiment with.
vulrath

Postby Rogue Element » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:42 pm

Here's a more in depth review from Military Morons:

http://militarymorons.com/weapons/ar.fu ... 2.html#afg
Rogue Element

Postby NAZI » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:33 pm

i think im actually gonna try this grip out. If you have ever watched the magpul videos it describes a similar way to grip the front of a carbine with a normal foregrip, putting your hand in the same position as they teach. Id say if magpul designs it...its gotta be good.
Weapons:
G&P Magpul DX m4
TM P90
KWA Mac11
NAZI

Postby Rogue Element » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:55 am

The AFG is also featured heavily on the new MAGPUL Aerial Operations DVD.

Now available at USCAV.com in Black and Flat Dark Earth (they ship out of Louisville and often can deliver to most of Tennessee within 24-48 hours - Ground Shipping!)

http://www.uscav.com/productinfo.aspx?p ... &TabID=548
Rogue Element

Postby vulrath » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:47 am

Well, I've placed my order with USCAV for one AFG in Dark Earth; it is expected to ship on the Feb. 4. While it won't be here before my game this weekend, it should be here before any more local games take place.

When I have it, I'll write up a review after I've had a chance to play around with it (it'll probably be written and posted in parallel to the review of my WE SCAR).
vulrath

Postby C0L0N3L $aNd3rS » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:36 pm

C0L0N3L $aNd3rS

Postby vulrath » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:47 pm

I would imagine this to be a very high-demand item (seeing as it was just released), so I'm not too worried about it. They were technically out of stock (Feb. 4 is their ETA), so it'll come when it comes.

Like I said, I'll post a review shortly after I get it (pictures and all).
vulrath

Postby bigrik » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:05 am

Ive had one a while on my real steel M4, hands down the most comfortable, and practical forward grip ive ever used.
bigrik

Postby vulrath » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:16 am

Thanks for the input, rick. I saw that (in your real steel arsenal thread); I was actually going to ask you how you liked it but hadn't gotten around to it.
vulrath

Postby vulrath » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:58 pm

Okay, I apologize in advance for the double post.

USCAV jerked me around on the restock date, so I called and got them to refund my money (they are STILL on backorder; I canceled my order about 2 weeks ago). So far it hasn't appeared in my bank account (but that's another matter entirely). After I get my next paycheck (or the money reappears in my account, whichever comes first), I'll be purchasing one straight from Magpul. That's when my review will happen.
vulrath

Next

Return to Gear Discussions