MP5K Shoulder Holster

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

MP5K Shoulder Holster

Postby Rogue Element » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:40 pm

For those of you wanting to carry a secondary in a long gun role, but need something more "substantial" than a handgun - I ran across this interesting piece of kit for a MP5K PDW.

http://www.airsoftpanda.com/product_inf ... ts_id/1311

"Strike with Chaos!" -Sun Tzu
Rogue Element

Re: MP5K Shoulder Holster

Postby Jackalope » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:06 pm

Interesting, i wish i could see how it functions, like a video.
formerly known as mtcjustin
Jackalope

Postby Xephyr » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:00 am

I've used one of these before. My only complaint that I had was that the one I used didn't have a strap to go across the front of your chest, which I would've enjoyed for a little more stability under a full run. I fixed that with a little bit of paracord. Other than that, it worked well, but to be honest, I would not buy a cheaper one like that rig. The edges of the pouches are just sewn and cut off and, while this works with normal pouches on a vest, they will rub your sides raw. (Like it did to me.) I forget who makes the high end version of that copy, but I remember seeing the edges of it were folded over onto themselves before being sewn together. I can imagine a big difference in feel.

For what it's worth, UTG also makes a drop leg holster designed for an MP5/UZI/xbox sized pistols. I'd say an MP5k would fit just fine in it as well.
Former professional gun tech. I give free repair and upgrade advice. PM me with any questions or issues.
Xephyr

Postby Rogue Element » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:42 am

DeSantis, famous for their real-steel holsters, makes the "high-end" version you are speaking of, for $175.

http://www.desantisholster.com/storefro ... tm_index=0
"Strike with Chaos!" -Sun Tzu
Rogue Element

Return to Gear Discussions