[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Best camo for Tri Cities area Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Best camo for Tri Cities area

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Best camo for Tri Cities area

Postby Shifty » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:12 pm

Hey everyone. I've got a topic for you. In your opinion, what is the best camo to wear in the Tri Cities area. Im currently wanting to purchase new camo, so let me hear your ideas. I was planning to get Multicam and run a Coyote tan/brown rig over that, so if you got any advice, it would be much appreciated

Have fun discussing.

Thanks

If in the end I have succeeded, it means that you are dead. And I am in one piece :P
Shifty

Re: Best camo for Tri Cities area

Postby GhostSniper » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:00 pm

Ok well I'm actually from Bloomingdale, so I would say maybe a multicam mixed with OD and black. I don't know though. Seems good tho. Yea if you live in kingsport then you probably know a family member of mine.
GhostSniper

Postby Jackalope » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:38 pm

ive noticed Flecktarn and Marpat match the tri cities' colors pretty well.
formerly known as mtcjustin
Jackalope

Postby swimpat16 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:45 pm

I think read somewhere that MARPAT was designed for the woods of the Appalactian Mountains. I have a set and it blends well with the woods. From what I've seen, Multicam does better than MARPAT over a variaty of terrains, but in the woods MARPAT works better.
swimpat16

Postby CapnAce86 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:41 am

Multicam during fall, ACU during winter, and woodland marpat during spring/summer.
KWA M4RIS
Novak NeXt M1911 .45
Betty the Shanker
http://www.facebook.com/christopher.cutshall
CapnAce86

Postby sargcj » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:47 pm

"Imagination is more important than knowledge, for knowledge is limited while imagination embraces the entire world." - Albert Einstein
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22244
sargcj

Postby CapnAce86 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:55 pm

KWA M4RIS
Novak NeXt M1911 .45
Betty the Shanker
CapnAce86

Postby Rogue Element » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:06 pm

Rather than spending the money on multiple camouflage patterns for different seasons, I would just put the money into a good, genuine MultiCam uniform (MultiCam and/or Coyote gear). I've played from West, to Middle, to East Tennessee (and the Philippines too) using MultiCam and will personally attest to it's versatility cross-terrain, environment, and seasons. It may not be the best pattern for a specific environment, but rather a good pattern for most environments. Besides, after extensive testing, both the British Army (with the MTP variation) and US ARMY have decided to field it in Afghanistan (the British Army is fielding it worldwide, completely replacing woodland DPM). So, not only would you have a pattern which is arguably the best out there, but one that is current with "modern warfare."
Last edited by Rogue Element on Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Strike with Chaos!" -Sun Tzu
Rogue Element

Postby CapnAce86 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:39 am

KWA M4RIS
Novak NeXt M1911 .45
Betty the Shanker
CapnAce86

Postby Lt. Dan » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:56 pm

I agree with multicam. One of the best loadouts I have seen was a woodland Marpat uniform with a multicam Ciras and pouches, w ACU arm and neck outer shells.

Blended in extremely well believe it or not. Well hell judge for yourself.

Lt. Dan

Location: On the Job while your playing soldier in pretend war-land

Postby swimmerboy15 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:08 pm

I am going to have to agree with Multicam. It is the best cammo to use over many different terrains. I will be in my opinion also that ACU can also be used very effectively if in the right terrain.

honestly in airsoft cammo doesnt matter that much because you have to be within about 200ft of someone to get a kill and at that distance they arent hard to pick out no matter what they are wearing. unless its a full gillie suit but i have even picked out gillie snipers AND killed them before they could get me. in my opinion spend the money on a good gun and plate carrier platform because good skill combined with a good weapon will get you a lot further than cammo ever will. once you have good hardware then its time to get a good set of cammo
-KWA SR-10 Upgraded
-KWA M16BR
-Echo G36K
-KJW 1911

Modern Warfare 2 Addict

"Our goal is not to get to Hell fast, only to make sure it is crowded when we get there"
swimmerboy15

Postby Faulken » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:49 pm

In the summer/ spring when everythings green. The marpat totally kicks ass, I used it in Fulda Gap this past year (yes I was on Green Side) and Was sitting 20 feet from some people and they walked right up on top of me, and I'm a large dood, it was quite funny and hiliarous not only because did I do it to members of my own team but I actually managed to launch an attack on some tan peoples.

But I agree Multicam is good stuff, the marpart as I noticed this past weekend was quite green for all the dead leaves at the moment but Lt. Dan still managed to disapear off to the side.
Freelance Operator.
current association: N/A
Faulken

Postby Lt. Dan » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:18 pm

Remember good camo also means being able to utilize your surroundings as much if not more so than what your wearing. :wink:
Lt. Dan

Location: On the Job while your playing soldier in pretend war-land

Postby Faulken » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:52 pm

Aye T-shirt an blue jeans mate.
Freelance Operator.
current association: N/A
Faulken

Return to Gear Discussions