Accesory choice

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Accesory choice

Postby Oven Gnome » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:47 am

Im upgrading my gun and buying some gear, but dont quite know whether to get a crane stock (which would be a good one?) or a fore grip (are they really as good as they seem, being more control?). Which would be better? By the way, im not willing to pay more than $80 for crane stock and new battery. Im tight on cash.

Oven Gnome

Re: Accesory choice

Postby Blake22222 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:55 am

Well, what gun do you currently have? If you don't already have RIS, and just have the standard M4 handguard, I'd recommend the Crane stock. But, if you have an RIS, get the fore grip to save your hands.

On a side note, you can certainly get a good LiPo and good crane stock for under $80. PM me.
Blake22222

Postby Oven Gnome » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:16 pm

I have the G&G Combat Machine M-16 carbine. If I did get the fore grip, the rail would be just the single rail for about $10
Oven Gnome

Postby CapnAce86 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:55 am

I personally like having a forward grip. It's a little bit easier on the wrists, IMO, unless you just grip the magwell. As far as crane stocks go, unless your battery is wired to the back, I wouldn't bother. Though, the Magpul stocks are pretty sweet and comfy.

At the end of the day, it's your preference. Asking our opinion shouldn't matter. What do YOU really want on YOUR gun? :wink:
KWA M4RIS
Novak NeXt M1911 .45
Betty the Shanker
http://www.facebook.com/christopher.cutshall
CapnAce86

Postby Blake22222 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:42 pm

^Very true. It IS your gun. And PM me if you want a magpul one, I'm selling one.
Blake22222

Postby Oven Gnome » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:46 pm

I've decided to not upgrade, and buy a new, better gun and let the G&G CM M4 be my backup. But thanks for the advice!
Oven Gnome

Postby swimmerboy15 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:16 pm

you can get a crane stock, foregrip, and lipo for around $80 if you already have the lipo charger
-KWA SR-10 Upgraded
-KWA M16BR
-Echo G36K
-KJW 1911

Modern Warfare 2 Addict

"Our goal is not to get to Hell fast, only to make sure it is crowded when we get there"
swimmerboy15

Postby Oven Gnome » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:15 pm

I don't have a lipo charger and I still have to add the $40 work fee. I think I'm just gonna go with the fore grip. Added up the choices and price and the way I'm going is not as expensive. Forget the new gun, goin 400fps upgrade then maybe the UTG L96. (I change my mind to much, just going the least expensive way)
Oven Gnome

Postby CrazyIvan » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:32 am

I ended up getting a front grip and a magwell grip, I think the combined price of the two was close to $50 give or take a few dollars. I tend to use both, it just depends on the situation and it just offers better flexibility. I've got the factory G&P cranestock on my gun and its nice and snug but I wouldn't mind having a Magpul ACS which is basically a crane stock with some nifty differences (you should look into it but be warned, they aren't cheap).
Jordan
Callsign: CrazyIvan
"Some men aren't looking for anything logical. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."
CrazyIvan

Postby aegshooter » Wed May 19, 2010 1:03 am

aegshooter

Postby phucheneh » Sat May 22, 2010 2:43 pm

i like the combat machine as-is. it's very light and with a hand on the front of the reciever (you can buy a reciever/magwell grip to make it more comfortable) and the stock at about the second position, it works very well as a compact weapon. i've added a supressor and an M16 length barrel to mine and it's still not overly nose-heavy.

that said, a real pistol grip does help maneuver and is easier on the arms- especially if you can get your elbow tucked all the way into your gut, saving your arms some stress. hence the greatness of the receiver grip. also helps stabilize the weapon, but that seems to matter little with AEG's at normal ranges.

you can get one of those dinky little RIS add-on rails and a vertical grip, but it'll probably wobble. doing a real RIS converion and elimining the spring-loaded delta ring is the only way i would go, i know i'd end up pulling the lower grip loose with just an add-on rail.

use the gun like it is and focus on the guts. TBB, quality hopup. i'm hoping a new hopup will fix the feeding issues on mine, then i'd like to shim the gearbox (i've heard that they're pretty bad stock) and up the spring a little.
phucheneh

Return to Gear Discussions