[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Getting back into Airsoft... Need to decide a Molle rig. Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Getting back into Airsoft... Need to decide a Molle rig.

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Getting back into Airsoft... Need to decide a Molle rig.

Postby alpha » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:45 am

What's up guys.
After a long AS hiatus I am finally (trying) to come back and enjoy the game again, however I am left gearless.
I am willing to spend around 150$ on a very, very simple molle rig but am not sure if what I have in mind will suffice.
Right now I am looking at getting http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=2045 that Molle chest rig along with 1 or 2 http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=2731.
Or maybe 1 or 2 http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=4200

Right now I am really stuck on what to do as far as my setup goes and I was just looking for some advice.
Thanks a ton guys.

P.S. Would this pack of Magazines be okay or could you suggest something similar? http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=1604

alpha

Re: Getting back into Airsoft... Need to decide a Molle rig.

Postby Xephyr » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:43 pm

$150 can go a long way towards a nice rig.

That molle vest is fine. Pouches are fine, I'd prefer the stackers out of those two, but that's personal preference.

MAG mags are awesome.

For what it's worth, if you're wanting a real high-speed, low-drag tacticlol operator rig, you can always look into the Tru-Spec RACK. They retail for like $30. Real gear, GSA compliant, 1000 denier (instead of 600), woodland/multicam/acu/tan, etc etc.
Former professional gun tech. I give free repair and upgrade advice. PM me with any questions or issues.
Xephyr

Postby JLS37076 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:23 pm

www.GunDevils.com
JLS37076

Postby alpha » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:54 pm

Thanks, you guys have been extremely helpful.
Alright my last (lol probably not) question for right now is, even though it's cheaper (I dunno why) how would this http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=1104 do? I really would rather have a vest with a back for a hydration system at a later date as you said and afaik the only difference is no upper chest rigging space and it zips/buckles up as opposed to the other one.
Also, is this http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=4200 the stacker you were speaking of? It seems much more space efficient in the long run.
Thanks a ton again, you guys are awesome.
alpha

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:03 pm

Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby JLS37076 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:06 pm

www.GunDevils.com
JLS37076

Postby alpha » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:17 pm

After all the discussion I am definitely either buying what was in the OP or the set that comes with all the stuff (thank you a ton for the links). At this point I think it's about managing space and if the set has everything I would need vs building one myself.
I can not thank you enough for the help!

EDIT: Also, purely for the sake of aesthetics, if I am wearing standard OD green BDU's, would a black OE Tech MOLLE system look.... weird? lol like the black on green. Personally I think it looks cooler (plus it's in stock). But would I stick out like a sore thumb? Thanks again.
alpha

Postby sargcj » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:29 pm

if you use airsoft GI remember that $100+ orders get free ground shipping (like$ 2.50 handling fee though)
and make a quick google search of airsoftgi coupon codes, you can get like 10% off your order. I know it is slightly off topic, but figured it could help with being on a budget.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge, for knowledge is limited while imagination embraces the entire world." - Albert Einstein
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22244
sargcj

Postby JLS37076 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:33 pm

Last 2 cents I'm going to throw at you. LOL

You'll probably want an OD rig or a Tan rig to use. Camoflauge vests are okay but it sucks when you have to wear woodland green camo with an ACU rig. Pretty much everything goes with OD or Tan. I have yet to see any camo pattern that looks bad with either since we are so fashion concious on the field, LOL, :D Seriously though, Black Vests are cool looking but there is a reason the Army got rid of Black on their camo patterns. First of all what is black in nature? Answer, NOTHING! Black is a harsh color that doesn't allow you to blend into your environment, as a matter of fact it makes a nice silhoutte in the field to shoot at, even during night games.
www.GunDevils.com
JLS37076

Postby alpha » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:20 pm

alpha

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:39 pm

Before you order though, consider the Plate Carrier package deal that I suggested because it has a great dollar-value ratio. Another vest you could also look at that is similar is the King Arms MPS Plate Carrier. I'm looking at getting that vest myself. It has 8 double stacked magazine pouches that can hold up to 3 per pouch but they said 2 fits best. You can put almost any type of Mag in them and the rest of the vest is COVERED in MOLLE!!! Then you won't have to pay money for Magazine pouches for different guns. It also comes with Plates so if you're one of those people that hates taking chest hits (not saying you are) then this is your solution.

OD:
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=3913

TAN:
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=3914

Don't think that just because the Magazine pouches are built in means that it sucks or that it's not very versatile, it is. It's made of better quality material then the OE TECH and will hold up longer but it's all up to you, whether you want it from scratch or have some stuff built in.

Like the guy above said, he preferred CIRCAS type vests. With him saying that, There is a guy that is selling a CIRCAS Plate Carrier ($200-$300 new) with pouches (even more) on the Forum for $150 (I think) but you could probably make an offer, I fell in LOVE with it but I don't even have my new Primary yet so it's all yours if you want it. :D
Here's the link for that:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17144
I think the link to the picture is broken for some reason (was working yesterday, just send him a message asking for a picture, it's a GREAT Plate Carrier)

Hope all the extra info helps (Please look at all the vests that I linked for you, either the package (Less quality, more quantity) or the Built in (less quantity more quality).
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby alpha » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:02 pm

I am for sure at this point getting one of the vests you posted earlier. They all look great, thanks!
alpha

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:04 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby alpha » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:07 pm

Sure is! One last VERY VERY noob question that I never really payed attention to when I was younger.
So I charged up my new battery today (old one died) and threw it in ye old M4 and shot about 100 bbs... so now is letting it sit in the gun to decharge (totally not a word) bad for the gun or battery at all? Should I take it out and how long would it take a 9.6 1400 mah battery to die?

Sorry for the OT, but back to the point. Does anyone know how long it takes ASGI to restock items?
Thanks.
alpha

Postby BigRed1 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:13 pm

Airsoft Elite (ICS) MP5A4
CYMA M1A1 Thompson
KWA Glock 17

"Overkill is underrated"
BigRed1

Next

Return to Gear Discussions