[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - The great vest hunt begins. Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

The great vest hunt begins.

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

The great vest hunt begins.

Postby vulrath » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:00 pm

I've been toying with the idea of mounting a pistol on my upper shoulder for a while now, and I think its about time for that to become a reality. Since I need another vest anyway (I need to shunt my WE M4 mags off to another vest to lighten both vests up considerably), I decided to move forward with this plan.

This requires a very specific design of vest, with MOLLE webbing in a very specific place. Take your right arm, and put that hand on your right shoulder. That's where I need MOLLE webbing, because I plan on mounting a SERPA right there (it probably won't be there for very long, but I want to at least make it work) for my SIG.

I'd prefer to have a plate carrier (most preferably a CIRAS, but I'm not really picky at this point, as long as it has that webbing), OD in color (the pouches will be CB like my other one), and I'd like it to fit me (6'4" stick).

I'm currently using a Condor plate carrier with a cummerbund, and when this vest is finished, that will go back to being my dedicated P90 vest.

Any assistance anyone can give me (tell me what vest to look at, link me if you feel like it, I don't care how you tell me about it, but please tell me about it if you know something that will work) would be most appreciated.

vulrath

Re: The great vest hunt begins.

Postby Barcelona » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:56 pm

You could try a belt mounted Serpa attached to either a low profile Chest rig strap, or sew a section of duty belt onto the shoulder of your PC.

But, honestly, there is a reason you only see it done like that in video games. Try doing that from a prone position, in a car, or with your gun on a sling hanging in front of you, it is NOT practical.

I would say belt mounted or drop leg for most situations; maybe chest mounted if you need to use a vehicle or never have to crawl.

Just as a side note because I see a lot of people doing it wrong, if you are right handed and use a side arm, you want your sling set up so your rifle falls to your left when you let it go. This means if you have a 1 or 3 pt. sling it should go over your neck and under your left arm. This allows you to draw and re-holster unimpeded. If your not using a side arm, it is just preference.
Barcelona

Return to Gear Discussions