[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - CHEST RIG, A MUST HAVE? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

CHEST RIG, A MUST HAVE?

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

CHEST RIG, A MUST HAVE?

Postby Undead1152 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:50 pm

I have been told by many people "man you have to have a chest rig" but i wanted to hear everyone elses opinion on it i personaly am not going to use one because i do not have enough stuff to need one. I going to use a mag pouch on my belt as well as a canteen and this will be all.
Tell me what you think about this, is it a must have or is it pointless i just wanted to know what you guys thought.
thanks

"Death smiles at everyone. Only the U.S. Marines smile back."
Undead1152

Re: CHEST RIG, A MUST HAVE?

Postby leco510 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:58 pm

Needed: No
I really like my Plate Carrier, but noob day I ended running with just a dump pouch on my belt. My G36's motor was having some electrical problems, so I used my UTG L96. All I needed were my magazines and a speed loader, so the PC was a bit overkill for 5 small things and a death rag.

He's climbin in your windows, he's snatchin your people up....
leco510

Postby Rogue Element » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:05 pm

Simple Answer: NO

Conditional Answer: Depends on how trigger happy you are.

If you like to "mow the woods down" with a hailstorm of shots, then a chest rig will help in carrying, organizing, storing, and accessing multiple mags. If you go through 2-3 hi-cap mags per skirmish, then a simple belt-based rig should be adequate. If your using Mid/Low caps, then I highly recommend a vest/carrier/rig.
"Strike with Chaos!" -Sun Tzu
Rogue Element

Postby ERTgrenadier » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:20 pm

As stated previously, it really depends on your style of play. I personally prefer a chest rig over other forms of "vests" because it holds all I need, and nothing else. Mine is also extremely light weight and very breathable.
ERTgrenadier

Postby Fridge Gnome » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:23 am

I wear a belt with 2 mag pouches, I use high caps, so I can still have over 1000 bbs in mags. and still be fairly trigger happy.
Fridge Gnome

Postby BigRed1 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:47 am

As observed, the main use for a chest rig is to carry lots of extra mags (needed more by midcap users). If you're just toting two or three mags, it's not a necessity.

Of course....hi-caps are evil and must be destroyed. :D
Airsoft Elite (ICS) MP5A4
CYMA M1A1 Thompson
KWA Glock 17

"Overkill is underrated"
BigRed1

Postby Undead1152 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:59 pm

thank you i am only using 4 mags at maximum so for me i dont think i need one
Undead1152

Postby ProfessorCrow » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:31 pm

Like Overwatch on Facebook!
Daytona Gun GBB MK48 Custom - KWA MK23 with LAM- TM Spas 12
ProfessorCrow

Postby BigRed1 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:35 pm

CYMA M1A1 Thompson
KWA Glock 17

"Overkill is underrated"
BigRed1

Postby mattcep » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:49 pm

do you need one ? no but, they do make you look a whole lot cooler 8) :lol:
mattcep

Postby vulrath » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:29 pm

vulrath

Postby Sigmarius » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:52 pm

There is a reason that no one has discussed yet.

If you're like me, you hate getting shot. Not because it means you got beat, not even for the long walk back to respawn.

It's because those little friggin balls of plastic can HURT. Now, I am a self admitted wimp when it comes to pain. So, not only do I use my tac vest/chest rig to carry hydration, mags, radio pouch, etc., but I like having the extra little padding on top of my own considerable padding to help lessen the sting of the BBs.

So, yeah. They can have multiple uses.

Team Leader: ODA-865
http://www.oda-865.com
Sigmarius

Postby BigRed1 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:12 am

Sig speaks the truth. There's been plenty of times I've been thankful for that extra layer when getting pelted with bb's coming in like hornets.
Now, if only I could do something about the forehead shots :shock:
CYMA M1A1 Thompson
KWA Glock 17

"Overkill is underrated"
BigRed1

Postby Supply Chief » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:47 am

Big Red look up a company called Sandana. I have two of their headwraps. Work great for keeping sweat out your eyes and works great for padding on the forehead. If you are going to be at the Secret City game on May 1st i can show you what i have. back on topic, I have a chest rig, but if i can get a way with it then i would rather go with out. So to sum it up, no its not needed unless you feel the need to use on.
11 YEARS I met a man wearing a funny hat, five seconds after meeting him. I came to realization that he was infact kicked out of hell for being to mean. Damn Drill instructors, Semper Fi plt 2110
11 down 9 to go

PORK CHOP!!!!!
Supply Chief

Postby Undead1152 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:48 pm

thanks
for my bday yesterday i got a kwa km4 ris,9.6 1600 mah battery, smart charger, 2 extra highcap mags, and a double mag pouch/ all these things are awsome :D but i may buy a moe handgaurd, hop up system, and a 6.03mm tightbore barrel
can anyone tell me what a good hop up system and 6.03mm tightbore barrel are good and compatible with the kwa?
Undead1152

Next

Return to Gear Discussions