[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Chest Rig/Vest/Plate Carrier Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Chest Rig/Vest/Plate Carrier

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Chest Rig/Vest/Plate Carrier

Postby cypher » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:32 pm

So I got a new addition to my arsenal. Got the urge to have an M4 suddenly so I picked one up. Before I was running a P90 with a box mag, and my pistol and pistol mags on a molle belt along with a utility pouch to carry extra bags of bb's. But now with the M4 I went with mid caps, 12 of them lol. So I'm definitely thinking I need some kind of molle vest or whatever to put them on. I already have the pouches for the mags and a couple of other random pouches. But I can't decide if I want a vest or a plate carrier or what? So if anyone could give me some suggestions and or pro's and cons of a plate carrier vs a vest or chest rig. Thanks :)

cypher

Re: Chest Rig/Vest/Plate Carrier

Postby ERTgrenadier » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:33 pm

A plate carrier is going to offer you more "real estate" to attach pouches. However, The added "real estate" is on the back and often can't be used effectively. I swear by chest rigs. The back is open, and the front offers plenty of room depending on your needs (the rig you choose will of course effect the amount of "real estate".). The back is also open so you get a lot more air circulation and less weight. Being in the south this is an extremely important factor.
ERTgrenadier

Postby cypher » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:29 pm

Okay so could you show me an example of an open back chest rig that has the most molle real estate on it?
cypher

Postby C0L0N3L $aNd3rS » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:07 pm

C0L0N3L $aNd3rS

Postby cypher » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:15 pm

Does it look like this? http://brotherprice.com/ebayphoto/Wasat ... Rig_OD.JPG That actually looks pretty cool.
cypher

Postby C0L0N3L $aNd3rS » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:02 am

yep thats it
C0L0N3L $aNd3rS

Return to Gear Discussions