[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - where to find a good helmet? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

where to find a good helmet?

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

where to find a good helmet?

Postby grant.94 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:21 am

I've been looking for a good desert color helmet, something like this:
http://www.airsoftpark.com/product_info ... cts_id=529

but higher quality. where do you guys get your helmets?

"First comes smiles, then comes lies. Last is gunfire." - Roland Deschain
grant.94

Re: where to find a good helmet?

Postby vulrath » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:08 pm

I know I just helped TPP4 get a new MICH (he had the money, I had the Paypal account, lol)... We got it from www.smtactical.com . I haven't found many smaller sites that I'm willing to buy from more than once, but these guys are awesome (in case you care, they are stateside). There was a problem with payment for the order (they were in the process of upgrading the site, and some things went haywire with the site), and I emailed them about it at around 8:00 PM CST. At midnight CST, I received an email whereby the shop owner was asking if there was a phone number that I could be reached at. I responded with my phone number, and he called a couple of minutes later, and we got the whole situation sorted out. At MIDNIGHT. These guys win my seal of approval. If I ever have an urge to buy a helmet, these guys are the ones I'm going to talk to.
vulrath

Postby grant.94 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:39 pm

wow that's customer service. haha but yeah i may buy from them, i just want a tan helmet without the ear protection so i can fit a radio headset. and eventually paint it for a worn look and add some velcro for patches.
grant.94

Postby grant.94 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:45 pm

I'm thinking maybe something like this http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info ... s_id=28718
and then find some velcro strips to put a tan american flag patch i have. I know you do alot of stuff with paint and stuff for airsoft guns and maybe gear. what could i use to give it a "worn" look?
grant.94

Postby vulrath » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:00 am

Actually, I'd paint a black helmet tan, then drag it behind a car for a few yards. That way, you get the "battle worn" look as though it's been through a lot.

See, I'm more good with painting rifles and painting costume parts (I learned from a good friend of mine that does Star Wars costuming and can do a mean "battle scarred" look on a resin helmet), and when I paint rifles, I do everything in my power short of Duracoating to make sure the paint won't get damaged (Valspar paint won't come off for the end of the world unless you go so far as to carve it off using a hobby knife or sit with an entire roll of paper towels and 2 gallons of acetone - no joke).
vulrath

Postby grant.94 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:34 pm

hmm i may buy it black, but I've never done any painting and I don't know the first thing about it. like I'm afraid of an un even coat, what color paint, what kind for that matter.
grant.94

Postby Tpp4 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:10 pm

Like Vulrath said it was really a good deal.The helmet itself is extremely nice and it can be painted tan with Camo-Tan paint at Home Depot. There is also Plenty of earspace for an overear headset. I love it, and I will upload pics later.

Pulling a xandman:
ARSENAL
ALOT...
Tpp4

Return to Gear Discussions