[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Madbull 6.01 Aircraft Aluminum Barrels Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Madbull 6.01 Aircraft Aluminum Barrels

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Madbull 6.01 Aircraft Aluminum Barrels

Postby swimmerboy15 » Sat May 01, 2010 8:12 am

Ok so the new madbull barrels are here. I have had great experiences with the madbull 6.03 barrels and was wondering if anyone had gotten their hands on one of the new 6.01 barrels and what their performance is like

-KWA SR-10 Upgraded
-KWA M16BR
-Echo G36K
-KJW 1911

Modern Warfare 2 Addict

"Our goal is not to get to Hell fast, only to make sure it is crowded when we get there"
swimmerboy15

Re: Madbull 6.01 Aircraft Aluminum Barrels

Postby Oven Gnome » Sat May 01, 2010 8:50 am

I have never used 6.01 but I have heard they incerease accuracy ALOT. The only problem is that the barrel is exremely small, so ANYTHING that is in the barrel (grime, dirt, etc) could possibly jam your gun. You would have to clean it very frequently!
Oven Gnome

Postby swimmerboy15 » Sun May 02, 2010 1:33 pm

yea ive used 6.01 barrels before just never the madbulls but if anyone has gotten their hands on one yet i would deffinately like to hear how they perform
-KWA SR-10 Upgraded
-KWA M16BR
-Echo G36K
-KJW 1911

Modern Warfare 2 Addict

"Our goal is not to get to Hell fast, only to make sure it is crowded when we get there"
swimmerboy15

Postby xandman » Sun May 02, 2010 8:21 pm

I just got one of these (thank you NA!), I will throw it in my SR-16 and I will do a review tomorrow (I would tonight but I have a final to do)
Friendly neighborhood armorer
Leader of team "yakuza"
忠誠心 , 名誉 , 尊重 , 正義 , 勇敢 , 慈悲
Irene VI, Irene VII (squad leader), Northern wind V, Northern wind VI(squad leader)
Remember " Big D" "1978-2009"
xandman

Postby xandman » Tue May 04, 2010 12:19 am

ACK....Double post.....well its all for "the greater good", first off sorry for the delay on getting this review up, as short as it may be.

Well I was in Nashville for the weekend and I managed to make my way to Nashville Airsoft and I couldnt leave empty handed so my eye was drawn to the AEG parts section and lo and behold the new MadBull 6.01 barrels. I have used all sorts of MadBull tightbore lengths in assorted guns I have had/have (Kwa m4,Famas#1,Famas#2,mp5k,ect) and I have had mixed results with them but after purchasing the new MadBull 6.01 barrel alot of the mixed feelings I had twords them went out the window. After I installed the barrel and ran a few mags through my SR-16 (TM SR-16,systema gearbox,systema hop up, G&P seals body) to break it in, I was seeing some changes in both range and grouping. I range test most of my weapons at 150-175 feet, and with the old barrel (systema brass) I would manage to get dinner plate groupings and with the new MadBull 6.01 barre I was seeing CD sized groupings, aswell as a slight addition of fps (+/- 5-8 fps)the barrel claims a 15% performance enhancement but that is under stock conditions and seeing how I already had a tightbore barrel it only picked it up a little bit more.

---Pros---
Price (44 bucks)
Performance
Light weight

---Cons---
Not as refined as a PDI or EDGI
Leader of team "yakuza"
Irene VI, Irene VII (squad leader), Northern wind V, Northern wind VI(squad leader)
xandman

Postby swimmerboy15 » Tue May 04, 2010 2:39 pm

alright so is performance good, better, or worse than expected? Did it increase range by much more and could you guess what you were getting (in feet) with a systema and the madbull? what ammo were you using?

sorry i ask a lot of questions haha. i usually do pretty extensive tests on new barrels and stuff that i get tho just to see what performs the best and i can give good advice, if anyone wants it :)
-KWA SR-10 Upgraded
-KWA M16BR
-Echo G36K
-KJW 1911

Modern Warfare 2 Addict

swimmerboy15

Postby xandman » Tue May 04, 2010 6:38 pm

Leader of team "yakuza"
xandman

Postby phucheneh » Tue May 04, 2010 10:08 pm

some people have told me than a 6.01 could actually do worse than a 6.03 because of increased drag. any truth to that?

i'd like to put a 6.01 in my rifle but am afraid of risking jams for a minor upgrade. is that an unfounded fear?
phucheneh

Postby vulrath » Wed May 05, 2010 10:21 am

As long as you're using high-quality BBs (no Wally-World BBs, in other words), you should have nothing to fear.

While there may be some truth to the increased drag theory, as long as the barrel has had a sufficient "break-in" period (not sure about these, but the older Madbulls definitely had a 1000 round break in period), then I think you'll be fine.

I personally prefer 6.03mm barrels because I've always had great success with them, but I am very willing to pick up one of the new Madbulls and try it out in my M700.
vulrath

Postby swimmerboy15 » Wed May 05, 2010 6:24 pm

biovals make some GOOD ammo and yea i wouldnt worry at all about jams as long as you arent using crap ammo. ive used 6.01 barrels before and havent had a single problem ever some barrels just perform better than others and i was interested by the madbulls since ive had great performance from there 6.03s. as far as drag goes, its the opposite. the air is forced to go through a smaller space and it will increase the FPS
-KWA SR-10 Upgraded
-KWA M16BR
-Echo G36K
-KJW 1911

Modern Warfare 2 Addict

swimmerboy15

Return to Gear Discussions