[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - operation irene gear question Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

operation irene gear question

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

operation irene gear question

Postby grant.94 » Thu May 20, 2010 8:18 pm

i plan on eventually going to one in the next year or 2. if i'm wearing 3 color desert do i have to have a green vest or can i use a tan one?

"First comes smiles, then comes lies. Last is gunfire." - Roland Deschain
grant.94

Re: operation irene gear question

Postby Xephyr » Thu May 20, 2010 8:32 pm

Gear color doesn't matter. Only uniform.
Former professional gun tech. I give free repair and upgrade advice. PM me with any questions or issues.
Xephyr

Postby grant.94 » Thu May 20, 2010 10:06 pm

ok thanks. anything that i wouldn't want to go without?
grant.94

Postby Xephyr » Fri May 21, 2010 7:58 am

Former professional gun tech. I give free repair and upgrade advice. PM me with any questions or issues.
Xephyr

Postby grant.94 » Sun May 23, 2010 10:49 am

what are garlic pills for? and also how much does it cost to take part in the event?
grant.94

Postby Xephyr » Sun May 23, 2010 12:06 pm

Keeps mosquitoes and ticks off of you. DEET based repellents (e.g. OFF!) should be brought too, forgot about that. A lot of people say this is just another wives' tale, but I take 'em before every event and I've had maybe one mosquito bite total, zero ticks, etc. Take that for what you will.

This is just off the top of my head, but the entry fees for first-timers are around $200. Figure in $50 for food per person. Anywhere from $30 to $100 in bio BB's. Transportation costs could be anything, but I'd ballpark $100... plus whatever you spend on your guns/gear beforehand to get ready. Also factor in vendors that show up to the games and sell stuff there. I'd plan to spend ~$500 over the course of the weekend.
Xephyr

Postby grant.94 » Sun May 23, 2010 5:39 pm

wow thats alot. right now im working on getting all the gear i need for the event. i'm also buying a really nice G&P m4 variant. i also need to get a reliable side arm, something kwa im thinking.
grant.94

Postby xandman » Sun May 23, 2010 8:48 pm

If you are serious about going to Irene, go to a smaller Lion claw event first for 2 reasons

1. Get used to a strict mil-sim setting and chain of command
2."Vet status", once you go to a Lion claw game you are conciderd a "vet" and every game you go to you get a cheaper rate (sometimes 45% off)
Friendly neighborhood armorer
Leader of team "yakuza"
忠誠心 , 名誉 , 尊重 , 正義 , 勇敢 , 慈悲
Irene VI, Irene VII (squad leader), Northern wind V, Northern wind VI(squad leader)
Remember " Big D" "1978-2009"
xandman

Postby grant.94 » Sun May 23, 2010 9:03 pm

wow thats good info thanks, do other lion claw events have lower age restrictions?
grant.94

Postby xandman » Sun May 23, 2010 9:17 pm

Yes it is usually 18+
Leader of team "yakuza"
Irene VI, Irene VII (squad leader), Northern wind V, Northern wind VI(squad leader)
xandman

Postby grant.94 » Sun May 23, 2010 9:25 pm

don't they make exceptions though?
grant.94

Postby xandman » Sun May 23, 2010 9:33 pm

They have had some 16+ games but it is rare that they do, Ive been to 4(5 in july) Lion claw events and all of them have been 18+
Leader of team "yakuza"
xandman

Postby grant.94 » Sun May 23, 2010 9:35 pm

oh.. damnit. i'm 16 so looks like i have a while to get ready
grant.94

Return to Gear Discussions