[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Gear color: Od or Tan Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Gear color: Od or Tan

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Gear color: Od or Tan

Postby Shifty » Thu May 27, 2010 1:46 pm

Ok, so, heres the thing, I've been running and gunning for several years now just using my black crossdraw vest I got when I first started playing airsoft with the public (as opposed to backyard wars) Its been probably 3 or 4 years now and Im full into the sport and have a decient gun. Now Im turning my attention to my loadout. I want to go with a PMC (private military contractor) look and already have the clothes. (tan/od/brown tac pants and shirt) I wanted to get this vest http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=2044 Of course i would load it up with molle pouches and stuff. :twisted:

But heres my question: When going for a PMC look, would a OD loadout look better, or a Tan one?

Thanks, any input would definately help me make up my mind

Thanks again! :D

If in the end I have succeeded, it means that you are dead. And I am in one piece :P
Shifty

Re: Gear color: Od or Tan

Postby swimpat16 » Thu May 27, 2010 2:48 pm

IMO Tan fits the PMC style better. Or if you plan to wear lighter colored shirts, you could consider black.
swimpat16

Postby phucheneh » Thu May 27, 2010 9:51 pm

where do you play?

if you want the most functionality, i always say OD. if it's not a good woodland camo (regular woodland is fine, cadpat/marpat are better), then go OD. a little black or tan here and there will still allow you to blend well. but i'd go OD for big stuff (vest, mag pouches, dump pouch, ect). i wear nearly all OD on my torso and i seem to blend fairly well in woodland BDU's.
phucheneh

Postby Shifty » Fri May 28, 2010 8:05 am

I live in the Tri Cities, so I will be playing anywhere from the woods to tall grassy fields. OD in an all tan/brown field would definately stick out :) . Eh, as far as how I would blend in in the woods, I plan to eventually buy some multicam, and tan on multicam blends well.

I guess if I had to go with what I will be wearing in the future, i might go with tan. Cause I've heard that OD on multicam is like a understood "no"!

Anyway, its still up in the air here, im not going to make any decisions yet (plus the vest I want is out of stock, so I cant :evil: ) :D
If in the end I have succeeded, it means that you are dead. And I am in one piece :P
Shifty

Postby BigRed1 » Fri May 28, 2010 10:40 am

I'm no help on the "what looks like an authentic PMC" question. But as for what blends in the local fields (E. TN), you definitely will do best with some sort of green/tan blend. It's why I've switched to Marpat camo, and why I run a tan chest rig - although you probably can't go wrong with either tan or OD for your rig.
Airsoft Elite (ICS) MP5A4
CYMA M1A1 Thompson
KWA Glock 17

"Overkill is underrated"
BigRed1

Postby xandman » Fri May 28, 2010 3:35 pm

Well I am in the tri-cities and I think that OD/Ranger-green works best IMO, I use a OD CIRAS and it blends well at PPN and TAS decently

this is what I use in my current configuration
Friendly neighborhood armorer
Leader of team "yakuza"
忠誠心 , 名誉 , 尊重 , 正義 , 勇敢 , 慈悲
Irene VI, Irene VII (squad leader), Northern wind V, Northern wind VI(squad leader)
Remember " Big D" "1978-2009"
xandman

Postby Shifty » Sat May 29, 2010 9:43 am

Hmm, that does look pretty good! Nice vest Xandman, what brand is it? And to Bigred1, is the marpat working pretty good for you? I've been wanting some good multicam, but its pretty expensive. And I just saw some decient marpat on sale :D So i might just skip the multicam and run with my pmc look and some marpat for the dense wood games.

Once again, thanks everyone for your input! Bouncing ideas of people really help you make decisions!

Thanks! :D
Shifty

Postby Shifty » Sat May 29, 2010 3:50 pm

Hmm, just to add to the post (which, its my post, and I'll add if I want to! :mrgreen: ) Anyway, I've already got some nice light tan tac pants. I also have a brown tshirt, a sand colored tshirt, and a long sleeve tan shirt. the long sleeve provides more protection, but can get a little warm. I've never worn the brown one in an op, but I just wore it today while working outside (with the sun shining brightly) and it started to get a little hot. What I wanted to ask was, what is the shirt that I see people using that is tan/ranger green in color and has the attributes of a acu style upper? Ive seen this several time where the shirt is tan colored and has the velcro pouch on the sleeve and other qualties of a acu shirt. And what kind of plain non-camo shirt would you reccommend???

There, there is my addition to my origional question.

Thanks again!!! :D
Last edited by Shifty on Sat May 29, 2010 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shifty

Postby jonah37801 » Sat May 29, 2010 3:55 pm

Depens on where u play, I have snow and woodland camo uniforms :idea: OD :D
www.airsoftmegastore.com is where i got my vest :?
-EAF- wrote:

-------- guns
aug 3 gen gearbox - turuss - de m3 trippel shotgun.
PORKCHOP!
jonah37801
AirsoftVet

Postby xandman » Sat May 29, 2010 8:16 pm

Leader of team "yakuza"
Irene VI, Irene VII (squad leader), Northern wind V, Northern wind VI(squad leader)
xandman

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Sat May 29, 2010 8:44 pm

I've seen people run a Tan plate carrier with green pouches and hydration carrier...
It works quite well as far as I can tell. I can look right at a bush and barely see them inside...
IMO when I see people running this set up, it works well. What I would personally do is get a Coyote Brown and put Green pouches, Hydration carrier, etc on it so that it is a darker tan and a lighter brown and then with the shade of green thrown in, it will look very good as far as camo goes.
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby phucheneh » Sat May 29, 2010 8:49 pm

my OD stuff. it blends well at BK. marpat (i think) butt pouch and black canteen pouch are what's in back. very cheaply cobbled together, $25 leapers vest, $10 surplus belt/kidney pad, condor pouches.
phucheneh

Postby Tpp4 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:41 pm

Actually, Xandman, you can no longer buy pantac stuff from Redwolf if you live in the US
however, you can buy it from scopeandlaser.com, along with some other sites, just look around
i will warn you though, i just bought one, and they will cost you a pretty penny, but it is totally worth it

Pulling a xandman:
ARSENAL
ALOT...
Tpp4

Postby xandman » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:00 am

Leader of team "yakuza"
xandman

Postby cypher » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:07 am

You can also order pantac stuff from airsoftsmith.com Their store is in Ohio. http://www.airsoftsmith.com/store/index.php?cPath=31_77
cypher

Next

Return to Gear Discussions