[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - good lightweight boots? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

good lightweight boots?

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

good lightweight boots?

Postby phucheneh » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:01 pm

i'd say i'll spend a hundred bucks, max. right now i play in new balance trail runners, and they're great 'tactical' woodland shoes, but i'm just asking to break an ankle and the bug bites on said ankles are getting ridiculous, also.

i really have no idea where i should look. i believe i was issued well and bates boots in the military, and if that was any indicator, i do not want well or bates boots. though they were durable as hell, i could still wear them, but they're HEAVY and i've suffered enough blisters from them already.

that said, what brands should i look at? and how does the sizing work? i wear a 13 wide (EE or EEE, probably) in sneakers, but i believe i wore either a 12 wide or 12 medium in boots. i think i still have a pair of 13 wides that are HUGE. is there any rule to boot sizing, or should i buy locally so i can try them on?

phucheneh

Re: good lightweight boots?

Postby C0L0N3L $aNd3rS » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:59 am

OTB Jungle Lite boots are the lightest on the market(or so they claim). They are lighter than my tennis shoes. I got mine from OP Tactical with no problems, and trying them on shouldn't be an issue, their sizing is pretty similar to shoes.
C0L0N3L $aNd3rS

Postby phucheneh » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:09 pm

those look okay, but kinda pricey and very rigid. i want as close to a sneaker feel as i can get.

i've actually been eyeing converse boots, but haven't heard much about them.
phucheneh

Postby cypher » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:20 pm

Try these http://www.uscav.com/Productinfo.aspx?p ... &TabID=548

Heard good things about them, supposed to be pretty light. Black version is supposed to be really light weight, but isn't as waterproof as the tan one. I will prolly get some myself when I ever get around to buying new boots. And only 50 bucks.
cypher

Postby phucheneh » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:11 pm

i think i might give those a go. 50 bucks is a great price, and there are reviews from people that have worn them through a tour in iraq, it would appear. and they look very sneaker-like.
phucheneh

Postby C0L0N3L $aNd3rS » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:19 pm

C0L0N3L $aNd3rS

Postby phucheneh » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:53 pm

well those boots on uscav are only certain sizes on special, i see now.

so as far as paying near asking price, i'm back to converse-
http://www.militaryboots.com/mens-conve ... -zip/black

those seem like the ticket to me, but they don't seem to exactly be a common choice.
phucheneh

Postby kerotan36 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:11 pm

I would go with Merrell Sawtooths or Moab mid length boots. I have owned both, and they are light-weight, comfortable and "stylish". HIghly recommended.
kerotan36

Postby phucheneh » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:23 pm

i'll be sure to check those out after i recover from the grand mal seizure your sig triggered.
phucheneh

Postby kerotan36 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:03 pm

Haha, gotta love it.
kerotan36

Postby Shifty » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:13 am

Sounds crazy, But look at Kmart. I found some side-zip desert boots on sale there one day and I love them! They are lightweight, comfortable, and they didnt break that bank! (around $30-$40 bucks, seriously) And the brand was Texas Steer, which I've had good luck with in the past. (they last long, dont wear out easily, ect.)

I figure, why spend extra money when you dont have to. They were cheap, they feel good, and look good!
If in the end I have succeeded, it means that you are dead. And I am in one piece :P
Shifty

Postby Supply Chief » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:14 pm

I know you said earlier no to bates, but bates does make light weight boots that great for running in. Also look the wolverine line they make for Marine Corps. Great boots for running in and they are light weight, and that is coming from personal experience. Recommend staying away from danner and bellviele both are heavy and not that great for running. Another brand to look at is the S&W boots. Just got a pair of them, lite weight and comfortable haven't ran any distance on them.
11 YEARS I met a man wearing a funny hat, five seconds after meeting him. I came to realization that he was infact kicked out of hell for being to mean. Damn Drill instructors, Semper Fi plt 2110
11 down 9 to go

PORK CHOP!!!!!
Supply Chief

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:20 pm

Timberland makes a good boot. You can pick them up in A LOT of place. I would recommend going to a "Tractor Supply Company" store because they have some good boots that are nice.
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Return to Gear Discussions