[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Preventing Goggle Fog up Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Preventing Goggle Fog up

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Preventing Goggle Fog up

Postby eatalotmorebeef » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:53 pm

I have tryied many things to prevent my goggles from fogging up. I was just wondering what other people use to prevent fog up.

I hate quotations. Tell me what you know.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
eatalotmorebeef

Re: Preventing Goggle Fog up

Postby Rogue Element » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:44 pm

I've used SCUBA grade anti-fog, available at any local dive shop. But, while I was being SCUBA certified in the Philippines, my instructor showed me an inexpensive trick - Toothpaste. Just scrub on and rinse off - works like a charm!
"Strike with Chaos!" -Sun Tzu
Rogue Element

Postby Ares51 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:42 pm

Ares51

Postby chrisdetrin » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:12 pm

clarity anti fog in the glasses section of walmart 4 bucks for 3 *$#@ING AMAZING!!! i NEVER get fog any more.

ps they can do 8 pairs of goggles perfectly also you need to wash the lenses with HOT water the night before and apply the defog whipes 5 minits before you start AND NEVER TOUCH YOUR LENSES or it will ruin the barrier. also the defog effects work 100% for the first 12 hours then 75% for the next 24.
  ▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Postby phucheneh » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:54 am

i think good goggle design is the best prevention.

i have some of the $25 CA goggles from nashville airsoft and couldn't be happier. they get wet from me sweating on them, but they've never fogged once, even at times when my shooting glasses were fogging.
phucheneh

Postby Seth T. » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:23 am

Your lucky man, my CA goggles fog like crazy. I'm hoping I've fixed that though, what I did was I took a drill with a bit that's about 3mm and drilled 4 vent holes in the top, and 4 on the bottom. I haven't got to field them yet, but just wearing them it takes a lot longer for them to start fogging and isn't as bad when it does plus they clear up quicker when I start moving.
Seth T.

Postby ProfessorCrow » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:25 pm

I use windshield anti-fog you can pick up at any store in the Auto section, and you can usually find it at isolated Gas Stations on long roads and highways.

Cheap, and effective, my goggles only fog in the most extreme of situations. Taking in account I've worn balaclavas, scarves, full face masks, etc with my goggles while using Auto-Anti-Fog and I've been fine.

-Crow
Like Overwatch on Facebook!
Daytona Gun GBB MK48 Custom - KWA MK23 with LAM- TM Spas 12
ProfessorCrow

Postby Tpp4 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:55 pm

Airsoft revolution just got in a pair of fog proof goggles with a detachable face mask. They also have led lights on them and a fan with high and low settings. Just got a pair yesterday and never fogged once, flakjacks and shooting glasses fogged every second. The best part is the only cost 39.99 which beats the price of ess turbofans anyday.

Pulling a xandman:
ARSENAL
ALOT...
Tpp4

Postby chrisdetrin » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:34 pm

▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Postby Hunter » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:30 pm

From my experience, fans are the only way to prevent goggles from fogging up 100% of the time. I bought my ESS Turbofans three years ago and I have zero fogging problems. Sure they were expensive but I no longer find my self out of the action wiping my lenses off every minute.

Those AR goggle's are pretty nice, especially for the price. A lot of people are very impressed with them.
Hunter

Postby vulrath » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:48 am

If I'd have had the cash to spend, I would have picked myself up a pair of those goggles that AR had. TPP4 was the only one out of our little "expedition crew" that night that could see with any real effectiveness (it was him, Sniper, and myself).

There are little tricks that I've heard of that work for making sure your lenses stay fog-free, like Rogue suggested. Here's a couple:
1) cut a small section off of a potato, and rub the exposed potato meat on the inside of the lens.
2) drip wax from a lit candle onto the inside of the lens, and buff it clear again. This has an effect similar to waxing a car, and works on the same principle. Just make sure you don't get the actual candle too close or you might warp/melt your lenses.
3) squirt some dish soap on your lenses, wait for it to dry, and buff it out.

I have used the dish soap method before, though I don't think I did it right - I believe I just ended up washing my lenses really well, lol. I also don't think using car wax wouldn't be a bad idea - as long as you aren't using polishing compound.
vulrath

Postby goga333 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:28 am

this is more of a preventative measure than anything but I have found that if you take deoderant and put it on your face around the eyes and nose it keeps the sweat down and thus the fogging.
R.I.P Big D.
goga333

Postby eatalotmorebeef » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:31 pm

just to clarify do you mean stick or spray
Ralph Waldo Emerson
eatalotmorebeef

Postby goga333 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:16 pm

Stick, the spray might get a little painful in the eyes.
R.I.P Big D.
goga333

Postby eatalotmorebeef » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:57 am

that is what i was thinking but didnt feel like being a wise a**
Ralph Waldo Emerson
eatalotmorebeef

Next

Return to Gear Discussions